GAE Feedback form handler
This script provides you with a feedback form that sends all messages to email. Useful when your web site does not have this function (e.g. it's a static web site).
Written by Justin Forest (firstname.lastname@example.org) in 2011.
To use this script add it as a handler to whatever path you want by adding this to your app.yaml:
handlers: - url: /mail script: feedback.py
The script reads configuration from a file named config.py, from which the following variables are used:
- ADMIN_EMAIL — this is where the messages will be sent.
- SENDER_EMAIL — this is from whose name they'll be sent.
- RECAPTCHA_PUB, RECAPTCHA_PVT — keys for using reCAPTCHA (not used if the keys are not defined).
How to use it
Install the script and access it using your web browser. If you can successfully receive messages, you can either link to the built-in form from your web site, or use a customized form. The following fields are used:
- subject — a subject line,
- message — tye main text,
- sender — an email address (will be included in the body),
- back — where to send the user to after sending the message.
You can use hidden fields for all, it's OK.
- Form fields and messages are not localized.
If you find more bugs, email me at email@example.com. You can email me with this script from my web site at: