Flickr API demo application
This is a small demo application which is consuming Flickr public API service and performs basic tag based search of images and their rendering.
- Create an app to consume a Public JSON API Feed (documentation) and display the resulting data according to the wireframes (Wireframes-spec.pdf).
- Site should function as a one-page app
- Layout should match the provided wireframes
- Look and feel is up to you, flat colours for borders and background are all that’s expected
- Supports the Google Apps Supported Browsers List
- Site should use responsive techniques to ensure it works on a range of devices
- Must be built using HTML, CSS and JS (SCSS or Less are encouraged)
- We strongly encourage the use of either AngularJS or Backbone for your module/application.
- Use any 3rd party libs you like (as long as they have a weak copyleft license)
- Search items e.g. a free-text search box where text entered is matched against tags
- Build process for generating production-ready code
- Tests (unit tests, e2e tests etc.)
$ npm install $ bower install
Starting the app:
$ npm start
$ grunt watch
Build for production:
$ grunt build
Then change paths within views/layout.jade to match file paths with the production generated files (comment/uncomment lines).
$ npm test
- Node - server side
- Bower - frontend dependency management
- Require - depenency management
- Backbone.js - MVC like style
- Grunt - build
- Flickr Public API
- Compass - preprocessor
- Karma - testing