The changes made in GPG breaks some calls made in python-gnupg. Since GPG 2.1 is used in Archlinux now, python-gnupg breaks in Archlinux.
- Pinentry is used for inputing a password and console input of passwords is allowed only after a configuration change in GPG
- A new flag has to be given to GPG in order to input a password via console. An other way exists but breaks other programs like thunderbird.
- creation of keys via console is only allowed without a passphrase.
- exporting keys without passphrase is prohibited.
- New parameters are not supported in the old GPG so some kind of version switch would be needed.
Since Archlinux already adopted GPG 2.1 and other distributions will probably do so too, this is critical for future usefullness of python-gnupg.
I made quick fixes for some Problems but coordination and advise on how to approach the Situation would be great.