In order to test the Python bindings and to showcase what can be done with them, we should add a small/medium scale application which provides an interactive experience.
I'm imagining something which provides the following:
- Free-flying camera
- also control camera from console
- Only edit the volume through console-type commands
- load a volume from a file?
- edit voxel by:
- xyz position
- where the camera is pointing right now (raycast)
- probably cubic terrain
- multiple materials or colours
Either the terminal could be embedded into the window or the application could be launched from the Python REPL.
The whole program should be pure Python and its single entry point to PolyVox should be through PolyVoxCore.py (via SWIG).
For input and rendering I could use PyGame (with PyOpenGL).
Due to scale and scope, maybe it should be outside of the PolyVox source tree?