Canonical XMI Representation of DDI 4
The Portable DDI UML Class Library
Download of the Canonical XMI File
DDI4_PIM_canonical.xmi is the latest Canonical XMI representation of the DDI 4 UML Model.
Production of the Canonical XMI File
- Adjust XMI format of
DDI4_PIM_Lion_adjust.xslt, result in
- Validate and transform to Canonical XMI with NIST XMI Validator.
The local version seems to work a little better regarding the namespaces.
Save result to
- Finalize XMI format of
DDI4_PIM_finalize.xslt, result in
DDI4_PIM_canonical.xmi(adding appropriate UUIDs and making minor changes).
download.cmd has the command for step 1.
download_timestamp.txt will be created for documenting the download time.
run.cmd has the commands for step 2 and 4; it pauses after step 2. Step 3 needs manual interaction.
For a description of Canonical XMI, see annex B of the XML Metadata Interchange (XMI) Specification Version 2.5.1.
Import into UML Tools
Successful imports of
DDI4_PIM_canonical.xmi into the UML tools listed below. Some tools-specific files are available in the folder
Please notice that only some tools are able to export a kind of portable XMI. This means that one is locked into a specific tool if any changes are made to the model inside the tool.
- Papyrus for UML Version 3.3.0 in Eclipse Modeling Tools Oxygen.3 Release (4.7.3)
- Umbrello UML Modeller Version 2.24.3
- UML Designer Version 8.0.0 (Eclipse-based)
- Astah Professional Version 7.2.0
- Enterprise Architect Version 13.5 and 14.0, free viewer, DDI4_PIM.eapx (14.0)
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Version 8.3
- MagicDraw Version 18.5 and 19.0, free viewer available, DDI4_PIM.mdzip
- UModel Enterprise Edition Version 2018 rel. 2 sp1, DDI4_PIM.ump
- Visual Paradigm Version 15.0
analyze-tools contains some XSLTs for analyzing