PyGTK rsync GUI
Why I have created this
- gtkrsync seemed a bit buggy,
- I needed some features absent in gtkrsync,
- I wanted to learn something new in Python.
- Accepts same arguments as rsync does,
- Can wait for a specified period of time after rsync exits with 0,
- ... or after a non-zero exit code (specified separately),
- GTK runs in a different thread than the one reading rsync's output,
- Errors saved in a self-expanding textbox.
How it's made
- It just runs a child process of rsync,
- It forces rsync to always run at least with -v and --progress arguments,
- Progress is read from rsync's output,
- "to-check" part for total progress,
- lines starting with '\r' for per-file progress.
Instead of a screenshot, please take a look at the demo.