wxGlade: A GUI builder for wxPython/wxWidgets
Version: 0.8.0b2 License: MIT (see LICENSE.txt)
THIS PROGRAM COMES WITH NO WARRANTY
wxGlade is a GUI builder for wxWidgets/wxPython. It can create Python, C++, Perl, Lisp and XRC output.
- Python (http://www.python.org) 2.7, 3.4 or later
- wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org) >= 2.8 (wxPython Phoenix, i.e. release >=4.0.0, is supported)
If you have a choice, you should prefer wxPython Phoenix running on Python 3.x.
To start the program, enter python wxglade.py in your shell or use whatever is required to start a python application on your platform. If you want to build a GUI for wxPython Classic or Phoenix: Start wxGlade in your target version - if it runs under Phoenix, it will create Phoenix code.
The documentation is at docs/html/index.html and includes a tutorial. You can view it from the help menu as well.
The target audience includes people who have not yet been using wxPython or wxWidgets before.
A snapshot of the documentation including tutorial can be found here: http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/docs/index.html This one is not always up to date, though.
Issues / Bugs
- For any kind of question, there's a mailing list:
- If you observe a bug, please check the bug tracker for current open bugs:
For new bugs, please open a bug report in the tracker. You have to register and log in at Sourceforge to file a bug report.
Alternatively you can send the bug report to the wxGlade mailing list. Keep in mind that you need a subscription for sending emails to this mailing list.
Please include the following information:
- What did you? May you want to include a screenshot.
- What do you want to happen?
- What actually happened?
- Provide a short example to reproduce the issue.
- Include the internal error log file wxglade.log
Have fun! Dietmar Schwertberger