2002-01-07 Michael Kifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ediff-help.el: use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs.
* ediff-hook.el: use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs.
* ediff-init.el (ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs): new
macro designed to be used in many places where ediff-emacs-p or
ediff-xemacs-p was previously used. Reduces the number of
Use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs in many places in lieue
moved to ediff-util.el.
(ediff-event-key): moved here.
* ediff-merge.el: got rid of unreferenced variables.
* ediff-mult.el: use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs.
* ediff-util.el: use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs.
(ediff-cleanup-mess): improved the way windows are set up after
(ediff-janitor): use ediff-dispose-of-variant-according-to-user.
(ediff-dispose-of-variant-according-to-user): new function
designed to be smarter and also understands indirect buffers.
(ediff-format-bindings-of): new function by Hannu Koivisto
(ediff-setup): make sure the merge buffer is always widened and
(ediff-write-merge-buffer-and-maybe-kill): refuse to write the
result of a merge into a file visited by another buffer.
(ediff-arrange-autosave-in-merge-jobs): check if the merge file
is visited by another buffer and ask to save/delete that buffer.
(ediff-verify-file-merge-buffer): new function to do the above.
* ediff-vers.el: load ediff-init.el at compile time.
* ediff-wind.el: use ediff-cond-compile-for-xemacs-or-emacs.
* ediff.el (ediff-windows, ediff-regions-wordwise,
ediff-regions-linewise): use indirect buffers to improve
robustness and make it possible to compare regions of the same
buffer (even overlapping regions).
ediff-clone-buffer-for-window-comparison): new functions.
(ediff-files-internal): refuse to compare identical files.
(ediff-regions-internal): get rid of the warning about comparing
regions of the same buffer.
* ediff-diff.el (ediff-convert-fine-diffs-to-overlays): moved here.
Plus the following fixes courtesy of Dave Love:
(ediff-word-1): Use word class and move - to the
front per regexp documentation.
(ediff-wordify): Bind forward-word-function outside loop.
(ediff-copy-to-buffer): Use insert-buffer-substring rather than
consing buffer contents.
(ediff-goto-word): Move syntax table setting outside loop.