2002-10-03 Steve Youngs <email@example.com>
* Makefile (MANUAL): Removed.
(EXTRA_SOURCES): Add README.dev, ChangeLog.1, WARNINGS
(AUTHOR_VERSION): Bump to 3.5.8.
2002-09-26 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt: Release mailcrypt 3.5.8
* mailcrypt.texi (VERSION): bumped to 3.5.8
* mailcrypt.el (mc-version): bumped to 3.5.8
* ANNOUNCE: update for 3.5.8
* NEWS: final updates for 3.5.8
2002-09-24 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* tests/remailer/Makefile.in (have-py-gnupg.stamp): check for
GnuPGInterface before attempting to run tests
* NEWS: mention remailer test framework
* configure.in (AC_OUTPUT): build tests/remailer/Makefile too
* NEWS: begin to write up changes for next release
* README.dev: explain regenerating keys/testcases a bit more
* mc-gpg.el (mc-gpg-always-fetch): Add missing defvar. Fixes
free-variable warning during byte-compiling. Default value is
'never, unlike pgp2 and pgp5, because mc-gpg-fetch-key is
(mc-gpg-decrypt-region,mc-gpg-sign-region): Use keyid as index for
mc-activate-passwd, not key name. Thanks to Alexander Zangerl for
the catch. This is especially helpful for folks who use multiple
keys with the same name but with different passphrases: the wrong
cached passphrase would be used for the second key.
2002-07-30 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(mc-remailer-preserved-headers, mc-rewrite-for-remailer): Merge
handling of Subject: header in with other preserved headers
instead of handling it specially. This should get Subject: put
into the ## section instead of the :: section, so most remailers
should copy it into the final message, allowing you to specify the
subject of the final plaintext email once more. Thanks to an
anonymous sourceforge bug submitter for the suggestion.
(mc-generic-pre-encrypt-function): Use Anon-To: instead of
Request-Remailing-To:, as the docs for modern remailers (defined
as MixMaster-2.9b33) prefers that command, even though they'll
still accept the old one. Remove the 'eric' remailer case (which
used Anon-Send-To:), because they've all gone away.
Note: I might have broken mixmaster 'Subject:' line support with
this change. It will be a few days before I can put together a
test setup to make sure I didn't.
2002-07-29 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* mailcrypt.texi (Remailer Quick Start): Update finger addresses
for remailer lists again, since frog's list seems to keep moving
around. Point at shinn, also mention noisebox and efga.
2002-07-23 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt.texi (Remailer Quick Start): Suggest
email@example.com too, point to mc-levien-file-name
docstring for details of the file format. Thanks to Jari Aalto for
* mc-remail.el (mc-levien-file-name): Update docstring to suggest
'filter firstname.lastname@example.org' to get the list, rather than
the defunct publius.net site. Suggest email@example.com
* mailcrypt.el (mc-temp-directory): Use (temp-directory),
temporary-file-directory, or "/tmp/", as available. Fixes error
when used from XEmacs21. Thanks to Peter Galbraith for the catch
and the patch.
2002-07-08 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt: Release mailcrypt 3.5.7
2002-07-07 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* ANNOUNCE: update for 3.5.7
* NEWS: finalized 3.5.7 change section
* mailcrypt.el (mc-version): bumped to 3.5.7
* mailcrypt.texi (VERSION): bumped to 3.5.7
* README.dev: Add my checklist for making a release.
2002-06-12 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* NEWS: summarize changes since 3.5.6
* mc-toplev.el (mc-mew-decrypt-message): remove unnecessary progn
(mc-mh-decrypt-message): Switch read-only off briefly when decrypting
mh-e buffers. Thanks to Peter Galbraith for the patch.
* mailcrypt.el (mc-modes-alist): add mew-summary-mode functions
* mc-toplev.el (mc-mew-decrypt-message): Add functions to decrypt
in Mew message buffers. No replace-with-decrypted functions yet,
this is just a hack which flips the read-only flag off while the
message is being processed. As a result the decrypted text simply
vanishes when you switch to a different message.
(mc-mew-summary-snarf-keys): functions to use in mew-summary-mode,
which know how to switch to the right message buffer before doing
anything on the actual message.
(eval-when-compile): add some mew autoloads to shush compile warnings
2002-06-11 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* mc-toplev.el: start planning Mew functions
2002-06-10 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt.el (mc-version): bump to "3.5.6+" while we're
in-between releases. If you distribute such intermediate versions,
make sure they're clearly labeled as coming out of CVS.
(mc-modes-alist): add case for mew-draft-mode, behaves just like
* mailcrypt.texi (Hooking into Mew): added blurb about how to glue
into Mew, and why you might not want to.
* mailcrypt.el (mc-message-sigstatus): Added function to emit status
messages, is redefined by the test harness to compare output status
against expected values.
* mc-gpg.el: Use mc-message-sigstatus instead of raw message().
* README.dev: added notes on how to build from CVS, how to create
2001-11-21 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* mailcrypt.el (mc-temp-directory): use temporary-file-directory
instead of hardwired "/tmp". Might help NT. Thanks to Jason Rumney
and RMS for the fix.
2001-11-19 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt.texi: add @dircategory "Emacs" section entry. Only
really useful for texinfo's 'install-info'.
* mailcrypt.texi: embed menu entry text with @direntry section.
2001-11-05 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* ChangeLog.1: revived the real old ChangeLog as
ChangeLog.1 . Patrick's original changelog text was in
ChangeLog.old v1.1 and disappeared because of a merge
problem. Used .1 instead of .old to make life with CVS easier, at
the request of the debian maintainer Davide Salvetti.
* ChangeLog, ChangeLog.old: merged ChangeLogs, removed .old, which
wasn't really old and overlapped the real one.
* mailcrypt.texi (Key Fetching): Add reminder about GnuPG's internal
keyserver support. Thanks to Dan Girellini.
2001-10-24 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mailcrypt.texi (Remailer Support): update pointers for remailer
lists, remailer keyrings.. the old ones have gone away by now.
2001-09-25 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* mc-gpg.el (mc-gpg-comment): Remove the GnuPG URL, now that gpg adds
its own Version: header.
(mc-gpg-extra-args,mc-gpg-debug-buffer): Turn into defvar, because
otherwise setq statements in user's .emacs file get overridden. I
use this to point to a separate secret keyring (on removeable
media) in my .emacs and somehow it took months for me to realize
that it didn't actually work.
* mc-gpg.el (mc-gpg-lookup-key): Use UTF-8 when asking user for a
passphrase (if UTF-8 is available), patch adapted from Debian
version, thanks to Francesco Potorti.
2001-09-18 Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mc-toplev.el (autoloads): added gnus-summary autoloads, patch
from XEmacs version, thanks to Steve Youngs.
* README.gpg: update GnuPG home page, version numbers.
* mc-gpg.el (mc-gpg-process-region): Another patch from Pavel Janík:
mc-gpg-debug-buffer is not always bound.
2001-06-23 Brian Warner <email@example.com>
* mc-setversion.el (mc-default-scheme): Fix typo. Thanks to Pavel
Janík for the catch.
* mc-gpg.el (mc-gpg-encrypt-region): Use --recipient instead of
old --remote-user to specify encryption target. This has been the
standard argument name since gnupg-0.9.3, --remote-user is not
documented and probably shouldn't be used. Unfortunately
--recipient didn't exist in gnupg-0.9.2 and before, so this will
break compatibility with ancient versions (where ancient = over
two years old.. not something to worry about). Thanks to Filip
Stokkeland for the catch.