- Mailcrypt 3.5.
5 is Available for Download
+ Mailcrypt 3.5. is Available for Download
Mailcrypt is an Emacs Lisp package which provides a simple interface
to message encryption with PGP (you do use Emacs to handle your mail
- and news, right?). Mailcrypt version 3.5b1 and higher have been
+ and news, right?). Mailcrypt version 3.5b1 and higher have been
extended to handle both PGP 2.6.x and PGP 5.x. Versions 3.5 and
- higher, including 3.5.5, also support encryption with GnuPG, thanks
+ higher, including 3.5.6, also support encryption with GnuPG.
- This release is contains no new features. GnuPG support was completely
- rewritten by Brian Warner to support versions through 1.0. Users of
- GPG are encouraged to upgrade to version 1.0 because 1) it is a stable
- production release, 2) it is tons better than previous releases, and 3)
- it is definitely supported in Mailcrypt.
+ This release is contains no new features. A one-character fix was
+ made to support the use of the latest GnuPG (gpg-1.0.5), some old
+ bugfixes (that have languished in CVS for an embarrassingly long
+ time) have been merged into the release, and the documentation was
+ updated to point to MailCrypt's new home on sourceforge.net.
2.2. Stable Features for PGP 5.0 and GnuPG
o Test Mailcrypt against PGP 6.5.
- o Fix the annoying Texinfo bug which spreads the manual index
- out, four lines to a page.
o Refine Mailcrypt schemes so that alternate backends, like Crypt++,
+ o Build self-test framework.
- The Official Mailcrypt version 3.5.
5 can be downloaded at:
+ The Official Mailcrypt version 3.5. can be downloaded at:
Since receiving the blessing of the original authors, this is now
the official Mailcrypt site.
+ - Brian Warner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Len Budney <email@example.com>