* What's this?
Riece is an IRC client for Emacs.
Riece provides the following features:
- Several IRC servers may be used at the same time.
- Essential features can be built upon the extension framework (called
"add-on") capable of dependency tracking.
- Installation is easy. Riece doesn't depend on other packages.
- Setup is easy. Automatically save/restore the configuration.
- Riece uses separate windows to display users, channels, and
dialogues. The user can select the window layout.
- Step-by-step instructions (in info format) are included.
- Mostly compliant with RFC 2812.
* Directory tree
This package contains following directories:
lisp/ - Emacs Lisp files.
doc/ - Documentation files.
- Emacs 20.7 or later / XEmacs 21.4 or later
- Ruby 1.8 or later (optional)
$ sudo make install
Add the following line to your Emacs startup file such as ~/.emacs.
(autoload 'riece "riece" "Start Riece" t)
If you are using XEmacs and want to install as a package, supply
"--with-xemacs" option to the configure script and use
"install-package" target instead of "install".
Info manuals are available after installation. To read, start Emacs
and type M-x info and select "Riece-en".
* Bug reports
If you write a bug report, please send them to the Liece Mailing List