of this update of speedbar.
- On the unix command line, type:
- If you want to use the optional packages, such as support for Info files,
- or RPM files, you may also want to execute the command
- On windows NT, you will need to byte compile each file from within
- emacs, or you can leave everything unbyte compiled.
- If you use the rmail, info, or gud displays, and you are using
- Emacs 2x, then you will also need to re byte compile rmail.el,
- info.el, and gud.el because speedbar macros changed.
- Any other programs you use that define speedbar display modes will
- also need to be re byte compiled when shifting from speedbar 0.12
- or less up to speedbar 0.13.
2) Add speedbar's directory to your load path.
- (add-to-list 'load-path "~/speedbar-#.#")
- Be sure to replace the directory above with the actual path to where
- speedbar was unpacked. This will make sure the latest version of
- speedbar superceeds any version already installed on your system.
+ Follow the INSTALL file in the top level of this distribution.
3) Add bindings to make it easier to use speedbar.
- (autoload 'speedbar-frame-mode "speedbar" "Popup a speedbar frame" t)
- (autoload 'speedbar-get-focus "speedbar" "Jump to speedbar frame" t)
If you want to choose it from a menu, such as "Tools", and it doesn't
already exist in your version of Emacs:
+ Note: New versions of Emacs already have this in the menu.
If you want to access speedbar using only the keyboard, do this:
(global-set-key [(f4)] 'speedbar-get-focus)