(generate-new-buffer (format "trace of POP session to %s"
- ;; Tell XEmacs/MULE not to mess with the text.
- (set-buffer-file-coding-system 'binary t))
- ;; clear the trace buffer of old output
- ;; open the connection to the server
- (setq process (open-network-stream "POP" process-buffer host port))
- (and (null process) (throw 'done nil))
- (process-kill-without-query process)
- (set-buffer process-buffer)
+ ;; clear the trace buffer of old output
+ ;; Tell MULE not to mess with the text.
+ (if (or vm-xemacs-mule-p vm-fsfemacs-mule-p)
+ (set-buffer-file-coding-system 'binary t))
+ (insert "starting POP session " (current-time-string) "\n")
+ (insert (format "connecting to %s:%s\n" host port))
+ ;; open the connection to the server
+ (setq process (open-network-stream "POP" process-buffer host port))
+ (and (null process) (throw 'done nil))
+ (process-kill-without-query process)
- (setq vm-pop-read-point (point-
+ (setq vm-pop-read-point (point))
(if (null (setq greeting (vm-pop-read-response process t)))
(progn (delete-process process)
;; the CRLF or the LF newline convention is used on the inbox
;; associated with this crashbox. This setting assumes the LF
;; newline convention is used.
- (let ((buffer-file-type t))
+ (let ((buffer-file-type t)
+ (selective-display nil))
(write-region start end crash t 0))
(delete-region start end)
(setq buffer (generate-new-buffer "*vm-work*"))
+ ;; call-process-region calls write-region.
+ ;; don't let it do CR -> LF translation.
+ (setq selective-display nil)
(call-process-region (point-min) (point-max)