2000-10-03 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* objects-gtk.c (gtk_font_instance_truename): Make sure we get the
fully expanded version of the font.
* device-gtk.c (convert_font): Ditto.
* gtk-xemacs.c (convert_font): Tell __get_gtk_font_truename to not
* objects-gtk.c (__get_gtk_font_truename): Use the internal
name-list in a GdkFont structure to find the truename of the
font. This protects us from crashing if we get a FontSet
instead of a Font.
(__get_gtk_font_truename): Accept new argument 'expandp' for
whether to return the FULL font name or the wildcarded version.
2000-09-21 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_init): Moved calls to gtk_init or gnome_init
to separate function, and expose it to lisp. It is now possible
to create GTK applications from batch mode.
(gtk_init_device): Use the new function.
2000-09-12 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk-glue.c (gdk_event_to_emacs_event): Special case double
and triple clicks when converting events to lisp objects.
This allows something like GtkCList to treat double-clicks
differently in the 'select_row' signal.
2000-09-11 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* menubar-gtk.c (menu_create_menubar): Set a special name for
GtkMenuItems directly in the menubar.
2000-09-10 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_size_request): Deal with frame
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_size_allocate): Ditto.
2000-09-09 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* sound.c (init_native_sound): Enable sound for GTK devices.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Attempt to load a default
gtkrc file from the data directory. This way we can enable
the default face font handling in gtk-faces.el but not screw
the majority of users with a proportional font by default.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Attempt to load
~/.xemacs/gtk-options.el when GTK devices are created. This
allows for setting a persistent geometry without requiring GNOME.
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_style_set): Deal with NULL frame.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Make app_shell a GtkXEmacs
widget so that style information is retrieved correctly.
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_xemacs_menubar_get_type): New subclass of
GtkMenuBar that always requests the same width as the text
widget. This fixes the spurious frame resizes when there were too
many menu items to display in the desired width.
(create_menubar_widget): Use the new subclass.
2000-09-08 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_keysym_on_keyboard_p): Ported function from
the X side of things.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_mark_device): Make sure that we mark the
keysym hashtable or things go boom.
2000-09-07 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_update_frame_menubars): Don't actually
update the menubars if the menu is up. This fixes the weird
problem where if you had a menu up and 'message' was called
(this happens a lot with the 'customize' menu), the menu would
disappear. This is because XEmacs is fairly lame about when
it updates the menus - the message logging code eventually
does a (save-excursion (set-buffer " *Message Log*") ...).
The set-buffer caused magic variable current-menubar to be
evaluated, which calls gtk_update_frame_menubars, which would
nuke the menus. Gack.
2000-09-06 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Reworked how we handle
removing the shift modifier of normal keys (a & A, etc) to be more
like MS-windows. This makes everything work pretty happily with
query-replace and apropos now.
2000-09-05 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* select-gtk.c (emacs_gtk_selection_received): Signal a fake
event here so that the event loop will wake up. Should fix
the strange pause seen when pasting.
* select-gtk.c (Fgtk_get_clipboard): Signal an error if no
selections are available. This is more meaningful than 'insert'
throwing an error when it gets 'nil'.
* select-gtk.c (emacs_gtk_selection_received): Don't bother
checking whether the data returned as the selection is a string.
If it is not, we convert it to binary data anyway. This fixes the
bug where you could not paste between two separate XEmacs
instances w/mule enabled (it sends selections as COMPOUND_TEXT).
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_style_info): Return the default font name as
part of the style info.
* menubar-gtk.c (__generic_button_callback): make sure that we
provide a channel for our menu events. This fixes things like
get-dialog-box-response that rely on event-channel !nilp
2000-09-05 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* glyphs-gtk.c (__downcase): Actually return the downcased string!
Thanks to Michael Altenhofen <Michael.Altenhofen@sap.com> for
2000-09-05 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_popup_menu): Make sure we call
__activate_menu correctly if the menu is dynamic. This fixes
popup menus with :filter effects.
2000-09-01 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gpmevent.c, gpmevent.h: Updated to the latest XEmacs 21.2
version of gpmevent.c. This means that GPM support works
with GTK now.
* console-tty.c, console-tty.h: Removed old GPM support.
* device-tty.c, emacs.c, event-Xt.c: Ditto.
* event-unixoid.c, frame-tty.c: Ditto.
2000-08-30 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* gtk-xemacs.c (smash_scrollbar_specifiers): Don't bother looking
for nextstep themed scrollbars - didn't work anyway.
* glade.c (Fglade_xml_textdomain): deal with old versions of Glade
that use 'textdomain' instead of 'txtdomain' in the structure.
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_popup_menu): use gtk_widget_show instead of
gtk_widget_show_all so that the magic `space-saver' menu item does
not get shown on popups.
2000-08-27 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* scrollbar-gtk.c (gtk_update_scrollbar_instance_status): Fiddle
with scrollbar_values -> GtkAdjustment conversion and scrolling up
with the arrows works correctly now.
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Fixed the shifted key
lossage (pc-select works now).
2000-08-11 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* scrollbar-gtk.c (scrollbar_cb): Need to make sure we look at the
appropriate scrollbar instances from the mirror. Was looking only
at the vertical scrollbar instance. Don't know if this has
anything to do with the weird scrolling behaviour, but it is worth
2000-07-26 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* menubar-gtk.c (run_menubar_hook): New function that runs
activate-menubar-hook if the menu shell it was invoked by is
(create_menubar_widget): Hook up the button-press-event to
run_menubar_hook to cater to broken packages.
2000-07-22 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_popup_frame): When the window is supposed to be
initially unmapped, we need to make sure we realize the text
widget (to avoid lossage in redisplay assuming there is a valid
window), but NOT show it.
2000-07-12 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* menubar-gtk.c (__kill_stupid_gtk_timer): New function to kill
the timer on a GtkMenuItem widget. This timer and its callback
appear to be what was causing heavily filtered menus (like
customize and other things under 'options') to crash. The GTK
code installs a timer when the user is moving the mouse around to
scan menus. Submenus are only popped up when this timer expires.
But if the filters are constantly running and creating/destroying
submenus, then you can blow up when they unconditionally check
GTK_WIDGET_FLAGS(menu_item->submenu), when submenu is NULL.
2000-07-11 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Can now pass the entire argv
array that is in gtk-initial-argv-list, since gtk-init filters out
unknown options that may cause GTK to puke for us. This means
that GNOME session management works now.
* frame-gtk.c (gnome_parse_geometry): Ripped this out of the GNOME
libraries to parse geometry settings, in case the user did not
compile with GNOME.
(gtk_initialize_frame_size): If gtk_initial_geometry is !NILP,
then try to parse it and use that. If the geometry cannot be
parsed, fall back to using 80x30.
* device-gtk.c (Vgtk_initial_geometry): New variable exposed to
lisp holding the desired geometry of initial frames.
2000-07-09 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_call_function): Outlined possible `enhancement'
if someone calls gtk-call-function with too few arguments. After
I implemented it I realized it was probably a bad idea, so I
commented it out. Maybe for the future...
* menubar-gtk.c (menu_convert): Can now pass in a GtkWidget to
reuse. It detaches submenus, cleans up any GCPROs on it, and
attaches a new submenu. All done in an effort to stop the menubar
(menu_create_menubar): No longer willy-nilly deletes all of the
items in the top-level menubar. We now check to see if the widget
already existing at the desired position has the same label as
this menu. If it does, we pass it in to menu_convert. This
drastically reduces the flickering menu problem that most people
have been seeing (try speedbar now).
2000-07-04 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): If FRAME is NULL, then
default to the selected frame on Vdefault_gtk_device. This will
only happen when being called from gtk-glue.c
* ui-gtk.c (gtk_type_to_lisp): Properly convert GTK_TYPE_GDK_EVENT
objects to lisp events.
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Made this non-static so
that gtk-glue.c can use it.
* gtk-glue.c (gdk_event_to_emacs_event): New function to convert a
GDK event into something sensible for lisp. Just uses
gtk_event_to_emacs_event() from event-gtk.c to avoid code
duplication. Not perfect (the channel is set to the selected
frame, not the GtkObject it actually happened on).
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Finally fixed the weird
selection problem where if you released the mouse button over the
root window, XEmacs would get confused and still think the
selection was going on.
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_describe_type): New function to return the
signals and magic properties of an object given its name or type
2000-07-03 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-byhand.c (Fgtk_ctree_recurse): New function gtk-ctree-recurse
that encompasses gtk_ctree_post_recursive,
gtk_ctree_pre_recursive, gtk_ctree_post_recursive_to_depth, and
gtk_ctree_pre_recursive_to_depth. All hail lisp bindings with
variable number of arguments.
(Fgtk_ctree_recurse): Allow nil for the node.
* ui-gtk.c (emacs_gtk_boxed_equality): New function for comparing
two GtkBoxed objects. This is needed because there is no way to
store a `user_data' or equivalent on them, so we cannot resurrect
it like a GtkObject so we always get the same Lisp_Object. This
allows callbacks to use `equal' on two GtkBoxed types and get sane
(emacs_gtk_boxed_hash): New function for hashing GtkBoxed
2000-07-01 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* glade.c: New file to implement glue code for libglade.
2000-06-30 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-gtk.c (lisp_to_gtk_type): Know how to deal with
* gtk-glue.c: Need to defien a GTK type for GdkGC so that we can
import all the GDK drawing primitives.
(face_to_gc): New function to convert a face object to a GC.
2000-06-27 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_import_variable_internal): Renamed to -internal.
2000-06-25 Vladimir Vukicevic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_set_initial_frame_size): Added in a call to
gtk_window_set_policy so that you can resize the window down below
the minimum size of the menubar.
2000-06-23 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* emacs.c (Fkill_emacs): Make sure we clean up the .saves* files
on normal exit.
2000-06-13 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* menubar-gtk.c (__activate_filtermenu): Put in some of the same
protections for filter menus that the normal menus have for widget
deletion and selected menu items, etc.
2000-06-12 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* scrollbar-gtk.c (gtk_create_scrollbar_instance): hide a
scrollbar widget until we are absolutely sure we need to see it.
Fixes the problem we were seeing with mouse-avoidance-mode causing
severe scrollbar breakage.
(update_one_widget_scrollbar_pointer): Move the call to
gtk_widget_realize() here instead of in the upper code. Isolates
the dependency-on-having-a-window logic.
* gtk-xemacs.c (smash_scrollbar_specifiers): When setting the
scrollbar specifiers, need to take the x/y thickness of the border
into account. Horizontal scrollbar placement is much much nicer
now. Some themes would cause them to get positioned partially on
top of the modeline.
2000-06-08 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* console.c (select_console_1): Duh, forgot to put in an 'else'
statement, so Vwindow_system was getting set to Qnil all the
2000-06-02 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* glyphs-gtk.c (gtk_xpm_instantiate): Do not allow pixmaps to be
instantiated as pointers under GTK. The pixmap and cursor
routines under GDK do not expose enough information to let use do
the same magic that glyphs-x.c does. *sigh*
* ui-byhand.c (Fgtk_toolbar_insert_item): Hand-rolled function.
(generic_toolbar_insert_item): Utility function to take care of
all the common code for the Fgtk_toolbar_*_item functions.
2000-06-01 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk-glue.c (face_to_style): DOH! You should only load it if
IMAGE_INSTANCEP, not !IMAGE_INSTANCEP you doofus.
* ui-byhand.c (Fgtk_toolbar_append_item): Hand-rolled function.
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_import_function_internal): No longer need to use
dll_function() to get the marshallers. They are now stored in a
hashtable. Lookups should be a bit quicker, and it will work on
platforms where you cannot do a dll_open (NULL) to look at your
own symbol table.
2000-05-31 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* select-gtk.c (emacs_gtk_selection_handle): Better MULE string
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_realize): Make sure we set the style on
the widget from the realize function. Otherwise for some themes
the color slots are not allocated yet, and we end up with icky
looking colors for things like the modeline/toolbar.
* select-gtk.c (Fgtk_get_clipboard): If we cannot get the
selection from anyone, return the last selection we received.
This make us work more like the X selection behaviour with
2000-05-30 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-byhand.c: Removed definitions of gtk-clist-prepend,
gtk-clist-append, and gtk-clist-insert.
* ui-gtk.c (lisp_to_gtk_type): Use it.
* gtk-glue.c (face_to_style): Routine to convert from faces to
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_popup_menu): Honor popup_up_p here.
(popdown_menu_cb): and here.
2000-05-29 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_popup_frame): Do not show the widgets if we
were told to be initially unmapped.
(gtk_init_frame_1): Remember whether we were told to be initially
unmapped. Balloon help looks a little better now.
2000-05-28 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* redisplay-gtk.c (gtk_output_string): Fixed multi-dimensional
text run drawing. gdk_draw_text does too much, by dividing the
length by 2. So we fake them out my multiplying the length by the
dimension of the text. This will do the right thing for
single-dimension runs as well of course.
2000-05-26 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (get_enumeration): Utility function that does its best
to import unknown enumeration types.
* glyphs-gtk.c (resource_symbol_to_type): Fixed pointer
* gtk-xemacs.c (FROB_FACE): Make sure to pass the device to
Fmake_image_instance or the initial background pixmaps would not
2000-05-25 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Call gnome_init if available.
* menubar-gtk.c (create_menubar_widget): Use gnome_app_set_menus
instead of dealing with all the handlebox/menu crap ourselves.
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_create_widgets): Use GnomeApp if it is
available. Looks much sexier. :)
* glyphs-gtk.c (gtk_resource_instantiate): New image instantiator
gtk-resource, similar to the mswindows-resource stuff. This
allows you to get to the stock cursors defined in GDK. May
eventually allow you access to things like stock gnome pixmaps,
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_set_frame_pointer): Actually handle setting the
* redisplay-gtk.c (gdk_draw_bitmap): New function to output a
bitmap using XCopyPlane instead of XCopyArea.
(gtk_output_gdk_pixmap): Use it when PIXMAP_DEPTH == 0. This
means bitmaps look correct now.
2000-05-24 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (flags_to_list): New function to convert a GtkFlags
argument to a list of symbols.
(gtk_type_to_lisp): Use it for converting from a flag.
2000-05-23 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_set_frame_position): Do not use
gtk_window_reposition - this apparently does not exist in some
versions of GTK 1.2
* gtk-glue.c (xemacs_gtklist_to_list): Don't call g_list_foreach
on a NULL list, just in case.
* redisplay-gtk.c (gtk_text_width_single_run): Use gdk_text_width
instead of gdk_text_measure. Proportional fonts appear to work
* objects-gtk.c (gtk_initialize_font_instance): Use X specific
crap lifted from objects-x.c to figure out proportionality of a
font, and better location of the default character.
2000-05-22 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (enum_to_symbol): Routine to convert an enum to a lisp
symbol. We now return this instead of an integer for GtkFlags or
(lisp_to_flag): Routine to convert from a symbol or list of
symbols to a GtkEnum or GtkFlags type.
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Use it exclusively. No more sending integers
(import_gtk_enumeration_internal): Do not import the GTK_FOO_BAR
flags/enums into the lisp namespace. We now store mappings from
symbol names (both the 'real' and nickname fields) to the actual
internal values. Much more lispy way of doing things.
* menubar-gtk.c (__maybe_destroy): If we delete the menu item that
was 'active' when the menu was cancelled, GTK gets upset because
it tries to remove the focus rectangle from a (now) dead widget.
This widget will eventually get killed because it will not be
`precious' the next time the window is shown, because it is
* frame-gtk.c (delete_event_cb): Signal a fake event to make the
event loop wake up and notice we've been destroyed.
2000-05-20 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-gtk.c (object_putprop): Allow `put'ing of arbitrary slots on
gtk objects. This will be useful for tacking lisp shit onto
composite widgets, etc.
(object_getprop): Ditto for `get'ing.
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_set_initial_frame_size): Don't delay when
changing the frame size, or creating initially unmapped frames is
screwed up. This showed up when trying to use the cheesy XEmacs
file selector dialog implemented using frames.
* ui-byhand.c: Removed a lot of functions that can now be imported
directly by gtk-import-function using the
* ui-gtk.c (type_to_marshaller_type): Deal with new array/list
(Fgtk_call_function): Need to free array and list storage after
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Deal with the new list and array types when
converting to GTK types.
* gtk-glue.c: New file to deal with lists of strings or
GtkObjects. Defines new types GtkArrayOf, GtkListOf,
GtkArrayOfString, GtkListOfString, and GtkListOfObject.
(xemacs_list_to_array): Convert from a lisp list to a GtkArrayOf
(xemacs_list_to_list): Convert from a lisp list to a GtkListOf of
* dialog.c (Fpopup_dialog_box): Don't crap out if the car of
dbox_desc is not a string... this allows us to follow ben's
system/native dialog box specification.
2000-05-19 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (lisp_to_gtk_type): Can now convert to GDK colors. Can
deal with color specifiers or instances.
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Can now convert to GDK fonts. Can deal with
face names, actual faces, font specifiers, or font instances.
2000-05-18 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk-xemacs.c (smash_scrollbar_specifiers): Function that
attempts to set the scrollbar width/height correctly, but does not
do a very good job. Commented out for now.
* redisplay-gtk.c (gtk_output_vertical_divider): Got rid of lots
of useless code, since we ended up just calling gtk_output_shadows
(gtk_output_vertical_divider): Make sure we fill the rectangle
completely, otherwise the transparent background shows thru.
* menubar-gtk.c: Don't nuke menus all the time... should speed up
submenu traversal a bit, and save on the GtkMenuItem creation.
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_style_info): Return a list of all the
pixmaps, not just GTK_STATE_NORMAL.
* menubar-gtk.c (menu_descriptor_to_widget_1): Better menu labels
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_set_frame_size): This function actually works
(gtk_set_initial_frame_size): Better default sizing method.
* event-gtk.c (init_event_gtk_late): Push an error trap handler so
that XEmacs won't abort at the drop of a hat on X errors. We
could get X specific here and override the default GDK XError and
XIOError handlers to be more like those in device-x.c. Not sure
if that is worth it or not - you would at least get information
that an error occurred.
* scrollbar-gtk.c (gtk_update_scrollbar_instance_status): Don't
always call gtk_widget_set_usize because that causes the widget to
redraw itself, which can cause some annoying flicker.
(gtk_update_scrollbar_instance_status): Don't always move it
either, because that can cause the GtkFixed container to get a
(update_one_widget_scrollbar_pointer): Try to set the cursor
2000-05-17 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_style_info): Back to taking only 1 argument -
(Fgtk_style_info): Now returns ALL of the information about
colors. Returns a list of colors instead of just the one
associated with GTK_STATE_NORMAL.
2000-05-16 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk-xemacs.c (smash_face_fallbacks): New function to reset the
gtk-specific fallbacks on various face specifiers. This means
that if the user has not changed the face, when a theme or style
is changed, the faces will automatically change as well.
(gtk_xemacs_style_set): Call it.
* toolbar-gtk.c (get_toolbar_gc): Swap the fg/bg of the toolbar
face when getting the GC. It looks better this way.
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_style_set): Override the style-set
method so that we can nuke the pixmaps again.
(__nuke_background_items): Moved the voodoo out into its own
function so that it can be called from both style_set and
* console-gtk.h (struct gtk_frame): Removed hardcoded GCs ala X.
* toolbar-gtk.c (get_toolbar_gc): New function that dynamically
creates a GC from the `toolbar' face.
(gtk_draw_blank_toolbar_button): Use it instead of the hardcoded
* event-gtk.c (gtk_check_for_quit_char): Quit handling actually
works now. Feh!
* device-gtk.c (gtk_device_init_x_specific_cruft): New function
that gets the socket we are listening to the X server on so that
the SIGIO lossage works correctly for GTK devices.
(gtk_init_device): Call it at device creation time.
2000-05-15 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (__internal_callback_marshal): We now correctly handle
the 'data' argument. This is an arbitrary lisp object passed to
the callback routine as its last argument.
2000-05-14 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Needed to reinstate the
magic to NOT differentiate betwen ! and shift-!. *sigh*
* ui-gtk.c (lisp_to_gtk_type): Allow 'nil' for string types so
that we can pass NULL to gtk-frame-new.
2000-05-13 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_size_request): Needed to override the
size_request method to get frame sizing correct. Whoo hoo!
(gtk_xemacs_realize): Don't set the background on the GtkXEmacs
window - this reduces the flicker even more.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Don't use shared memory under
FreeBSD - it is apparently flaky as hell and causes lots of themes
to crash and burn quite prettily.
* gtk-xemacs.c (gtk_xemacs_realize): Added new widget method that
makes sure to nuke the background pixmap of the XEmacs text area
and its parent (the GtkWindow it is contained in). This fixes the
flashing you would see with themes/styles that define a background
2000-05-12 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* menubar-gtk.c (gtk_update_frame_menubar_internal): Duh, should
actually pay attention to menubar_will_be_visible instead of just
calling gtk_widget_show_all in both branches. :)
2000-05-11 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* menubar-gtk.c (vars_of_menubar_gtk): New variable
menubar-dockable-p that controls whether to use the GtkHandleBox
* select-gtk.c: Implemented all of the selection callbacks for GTK
* frame-gtk.c (resize_event_cb): Force a redisplay when the frame
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): When we are doing our
hackery to make sure we don't see button events inside the
scrollbar, make sure we correctly forward events that did not
happen over ANY widget, otherwise selection gets royally screwed
and thinks you still have the mouse button down.
* redisplay-gtk.c (gtk_output_string): Don't bother calling
gdk_draw_text_wc - I misunderstood what XDrawString16 did -
gdk_draw_text encapsulates this nicely for us.
2000-05-10 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* menubar-gtk.c: Changed how the menubar is created and managed.
We no longer create and destroy it at will. Only one GtkMenuBar
is ever created, and the children are just added/removed from it.
Much less flickering when switching buffers - cleaner in general.
(create_menubar_widget): Wheee - menubars are now detachable.
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_import_function_internal): Don't drop everything
down to its fundamental type just yet - we need to know specifics
about boxed types.
(object_putprop): Duh, actually SET the property.
(Fgtk_fundamental_type): New function that does the obvious.
(Fgtk_object_type): New function that does the obvious.
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Implement glyph handling! GtkPixmap works!
* ui-byhand.c (Fgtk_pixmap_get): Implemented by hand. *sigh*
* dialog-gtk.c: Call into lisp to do dialog boxes.
2000-05-08 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* make-src-depend (PrintPatternDeps): Make sure we generate the
* depend: Regenerated
* make-src-depend: Handle inclusion of .c files.
* Makefile.in.in (extra_doc_files): Need to include ui-byhand.c
here as well.
* ui-gtk.c (type_to_marshaller_type): Don't abort if we don't know
about the marshaller. Just return Qnil and let the caller figure
(Fgtk_import_function_internal): Deal with new return value of
Qnil for error signalling from type_to_marshaller_type().
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Half-assed implementation of dealing with
* ui-byhand.c: New file that hand-codes some annoying functions in
* emacs-widget-accessors.c (Fgtk_adjustment_lower): New
auto-generated file that spits out all the widget slot accessor
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_signal_connect_internal): Holy shit, signals work!
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Allow ints to be passed in as arguments to
functions that expect floats, otherwise you have to write stupid
code like 9.0 instead of just passing in '9'.
2000-05-07 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-gtk.c (gtk_type_to_lisp): Return Qnil if we get a NULL
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Allow Qnil to be passed in to mean a NULL
* event-gtk.c (gtk_event_to_emacs_event): Make sure a button press
focuses on the text widget, otherwise if someone packs a widget
into the container from lisp, we end up not getting keyboard focus
quite a bit. Eek.
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_create_widgets): Set the name of the xemacs
shell so we can control sylte issues from .gtkrc
(gtk_set_initial_frame_size): Set the default size of the frame
(gtk_create_widgets): Expose the frame shell and container widgets
* emacs-marshals.c: Added a whole shitload of marshallers - don't
edit this file by hand if you need to add one. Check out
../lisp/ui/gtk-marshal.el for a script that auto-generates them
2000-05-05 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* ui-gtk.c (describe_gtk_arg): Debugging function to spit out
human-readable version a GtkArg.
(lisp_to_gtk_type): Made this function much more sane.
(Fgtk_call_function): New function to allow calling generic
functions from DLLs in lisp.
(CONVERT_RETVAL): New macro (ugh) to convert a pointer that the
return value filled in back into a valid GtkArg.
(Fgtk_call_function): This actually works now! Scary stuff.
2000-05-04 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_import_type): New function to import a GtkType
into the XEmacs namespace. For starters this only fully imports
enumerations and flags. Importing a GtkObject or subclass results
in getting a list back of possible signals and argument lists.
* scrollbar-gtk.c (gtk_create_scrollbar_instance): Fixed some
(scrollbar_cb): Aha! Thanks to the magic of reading the
gtkrange.c source code, we now have better behaving scrollbars.
Clicking in the trough/end arrows now works correctly instead of
the semi-hackish way it did earlier today.
* ui-gtk.c (Fgtk_define_enumeration): New function that can
* scrollbar-gtk.c (scrollbar_cb): Combined the horizontal and
vertical scrolling callbacks. Differentiate between them by
(scrollbar_cb): Don't bother trying to figure out whether this is
a line-by-line or page-wide scrolling operation. Just go by what
is in the value of the adjustment and issue a scrollbar_*_drag
event. This is not 100% correct, but it at least gets it
working. Doing it 'right' might not be possible with standard Gtk
(scrollbar_drag_hack_cb): New function to set
vertical_drag_in_progress and inhibit_slider_change when we might
be starting a drag in the scrollbar.
(gtk_update_scrollbar_instance_status): Better setting of the
adjustment variables. Scrolling by pages (clicking in the trough)
works now. Line-by-line seems to work too.
2000-05-03 William M. Perry <email@example.com>
* scrollbar-gtk.c (gtk_update_scrollbar_instance_status): Got the
thumb sizing correct finally. Thanks to scrollbar-msw.c for
showing how to do it sanely - scrollbar-x.c is a mess.
* window.c (specifier_vars_of_window): Added GTK specific fallback
* toolbar.c (specifier_vars_of_toolbar): Handle specifier
fallbacks for GTK toolbars.
* gui-gtk.c (button_item_to_widget): Compiles under Gtk at least -
more than likely completely broken.
* glyphs-gtk.c (write_lisp_string_to_temp_file): Resurrected this
blasphemous function to deal with XPMs.
(gtk_xpm_instantiate): Now writes the XPM to a temp file, since
GTK cannot deal with XPMs from memory. Lame, but not fixable for
gtk 1.2 - maybe for 1.4.
(gtk_xpm_instantiate): Transparency works now.
* gccache-gtk.c (gc_cache_lookup): Made non-hash based code
compile. It is not used, but what the hell.
* faces.c (complex_vars_of_faces): Do GTK specific mucking about
with face property fallbacks (fonts and colors)
* events.c (event_equal): Added special case for GTK.
(event_hash): Added special case for GTK.
(format_event_object): Added special case for GTK events.
* event-gtk.c (event_name): Use gtk_event_name helper function
(handle_focus_event_1): Got rid of gtk-redisplay-hack variable and
* device.c (delete_device_internal): Delete 'popup' frames under
Gtk as well as X. Should this happen for HAVE_MSWINDOWS as well?
* console.c (select_console_1): Make sure we set Vwindow_system
like all the others.
* frame-gtk.c (gtk_update_frame_external_traits): Added comments
about why I didn't implement some portions of this function.
* redisplay-gtk.c (gtk_output_string): Fixed the bizarre redisplay
problem where all the default text would be drawn twice - once
with the normal background colour, and once with the text-cursor
background. This was caused by a stupid typo and using the wrong
GdkGC in the second call to gdk_draw_text_image... basically no
clipping was being done on the image, so the whole thing was
(gtk_output_string): Call gdk_draw_text if we have a background
pixmap, otherwise things look REALLY weird.
(gtk_clear_region): Had a misplaced brace that caused the non-text
area of a frame not to get the correct background.
2000-05-02 William M. Perry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* glyphs-gtk.c (gtk_xpm_instantiate): Need to write pixmaps to a
temp file and then read with gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm () - there
is no way to read from a memory buffer (yet - I might write one
for Gtk 1.4)
* glyphs.c: Don't include xpm.h when building with Gtk.
(pixmap_to_lisp_data): Alternate implementation for Gtk.
* device-gtk.c (gtk_init_device): Call gdk_imlib_init if
available, otherwise the 'Pixmap' theme engine doesn't work.
* glyphs-gtk.c (gtk_xpm_instantiate): Now at least tries to
instantiate XPM images.
(init_image_instance_from_gdk_pixmap): Utility function to create
a glyph from an existing GdkPixmap.
* device-gtk.c (Fgtk_style_info): Attempt to expose the background
pixmaps from a Gtk style.