XNAT 1.7 Selectable Table Plugin
This is the XNAT 1.7 Selectable Table plugin. Its purpose is to overwrite standard non-dynamic tables in XNAT such as scan listings on an image session page and experiment listings on a subject page with an enhanced Selectable Table. The Selectable Table allows for the injection of inline per-scan actions, and actions that can be applied in bulk to multiple selected scans.
This plugin was primarily developed for the Container Service to allow users to run scan-level commands, but can be used by other services as well.
Version 1.0 Release Notes
- Overwrites the default XNAT scan listing for all image sessions that use the xnat-templates/screens/imageSessionData set of velocity template files.
- Image session details now open in an XNAT dialog rather than in a hidden table row. Multiple dialogs can be opened side-by-side for scan comparison
- Users with appropriate edit permissions can edit scan notes in place
- Incorporates recent fixes in XNAT 1.7.3 for column display and snapshot rendering
- Fully integrated with Container Services 1.1. Users can run containers on individual scans, or in bulk on selected scans in the table.
- Integration of individual and bulk controls for downloading scans or opening specific scans in the viewer is not working. Rudimentary controls have been added to lead users to the session-level pages for both functions. Improvements are slated for the release of XNAT 1.7.5.
Building & Installing
To build the XNAT 1.7 Selectable Table plugin:
- If you haven't already, clone this repository and cd to the newly cloned folder.
- Build the plugin:
./gradlew jar(on Windows, you can use the batch file:
gradlew.bat jar). This should build the plugin in the file build/libs/xnat-selectable-table-1.0.0.jar (the version may differ based on updates to the code).
- Copy the plugin jar to your plugins folder:
cp build/libs/xnat-selectable-table-1.0.0.jar /data/xnat/home/plugins
- Restart Tomcat and your plugin will become active in XNAT.