High performance HTTP server stress & benchmark utility.
Inspired by weighttp tool.
- event driven (low memory footprint, large number of connections)
- multi-threaded (uses all cores of your CPU)
- SSL support (via GNUTLS library) with cipher suite selection
Compared to weighttp, httpress offers the following improvements:
- evenly distributes load between threads; does not allow one thread to finish much earlier than others
- promptly timeouts stucked connections, forces all hanging connections to close after the main run, does not allow hanging or interrupted connections to affect the measurement
- SSL support
httpress <options> <url> -n num number of requests (default: 1) -t num number of threads (default: 1) -c num concurrent connections (default: 1) -k keep alive (default: no) -z pri GNUTLS cipher priority (default: NORMAL) -h show this help example: httpress -n 10000 -c 100 -t 4 -k http://localhost:8080/index.html
Building from source