My vim setup. Tried & tested on Linux, Mac OSX, FreeBSD, Windows, and Cygwin. I recommend Vim 7.3, but it should work with any version of Vim 7.
- CtrlP for fast file/buffer switching.
- Gundo for magical perusement of Vim's branching undo history.
- Neocomplache which provides fantastic autocompletion (and some snippets support).
- Syntastic for syntax checking.
- Fancy vim-powerline statusline.
- Nice integration with both Git and Mercurial.
Clone this repository and run
Not strictly required but for a good experience highly recommended:
- There are a few extra niceties (especially for Python development) assuming you have compiled Vim with Python support.
- I also compile Vim with the neato breakindent patch.
- You can install lushtags and CoffeeTags to extend TagBar's support for Haskell and Coffeescript.
- If you want to use Gist install curl.
- Ack is highly recommended (otheriwse Ack.vim isn't much use!).
- Clang for fancy C/C++/Objective-C completion.
- Nailgun for SLIME-like integration with Clojure.