Zephyr for JIRA (Server | Data Center | Cloud versions) Tests Importer Utility
The Zephyr for JIRA Tests Importer Utility is a Scala+Java based program used in conjuction with the Zephyr for JIRA plugin to import Tests into JIRA from Excel and XML (coming soon) file formats.
- Import Tests from Excel (xls, xlsx) files into JIRA (5 and above).
You can download the latest pre-compiled binary from the Downloads tab.
The Zephyr for JIRA Tests Importer Utility is a java based program and so can run on Windows, MacOS etc..
To launch the utility simply double-click the JAR file, or execute the following CLI Java command:
java -cp zfj-importer-utility-n.nn.jar com.thed.zfj.ui.ImportSwingApp
Then follow these steps:
Select Excel (the XML option should work in the future)
- Type in:
- JIRA server URL or IP address in the following format:
http(s)://<jira server name or IP address>/rest
- Username and password:
This should be a user that has write privileges to the project into which tests are to be imported
Click on the Connect button
Once successfully connected, the app will display JIRA projects available
Select the project into which you wish to import tests
Select Issue type "test"
Identify the Discriminator (this allows the import process to distinguish between multiple test cases in a single Excel file - possible discriminators are "By empty row", "By ID change", or "By Testcase name change")
Pick the import file from the system where you are running the importer
Create a mapping of the columns in the Excel file ( use Excel column IDs A,B,C,... ) to the appropriate fields in Zephyr for JIRA
Click on the "Start Import" button.
Once the import is completed, the "Start Import" button will be re-enabled. At this point, you can check your imported tests in the appropriate Zephyr for JIRA project.
- Import Tests from XML (TestLink) option not implemeted yet (coming soon)
- If your JIRA is using a self-signed SSL certificate make sure that the certificate is added to the Java keystore before launching the utility
You can check out the source of this from zfj-importer repo.
Compiling from Source
- Download and setup SBT (Simple-Build-Tool) as explained in https://github.com/harrah/xsbt/wiki/Getting-Started-Setup
- Download the source for zfj-importer repo from https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/src/
- Open a command prompt and type sbt assembly. This will download appropriate binary dependencies and build the project.
This codebase can only compile with java 1.6
# On Mac
sbt -java-home /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home assembly
This program follows the Apache License version 2.0 (<http://www.apache.org/licenses/> ) That means:
It allows you to:
- freely download and use this software, in whole or in part, for personal, company internal, or commercial purposes;
- use this software in packages or distributions that you create.
It forbids you to:
- redistribute any piece of our originated software without proper attribution;
- use any marks owned by us in any way that might state or imply that we www.getzephyr.com endorse your distribution;
- use any marks owned by us in any way that might state or imply that you created this software in question.
It requires you to:
- include a copy of the license in any redistribution you may make that includes this software;
- provide clear attribution to us, www.getzephyr.com for any distributions that include this software
It does not require you to:
- include the source of this software itself, or of any modifications you may have made to it, in any redistribution you may assemble that includes it;
- submit changes that you make to the software back to this software (though such feedback is encouraged).
See License FAQ <http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html> for more details.