- iRedAPD is a simple Postfix policy server, written in Python, with plugin support.
- iRedAPD listens on port
7777, runs as a low-privileged user (
- The latest iRedAPD works with OpenLDAP, MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL backends.
- License: GPL v3 (except file libs/daemon.py, BSD style as mentioned in this file by file author).
- Author: Zhang Huangbin <zhb at iredmail.org>.
- iRedAPD is a sub-project of iRedMail project.
- iRedAPD is installed and enabled in iRedMail by default, so you don’t need
this tutorial if you already have iRedMail running. Standalone installation
- You can manage iRedAPD with iRedMail web admin panel - iRedAdmin-Pro.
Plugins are files placed under
plugins/ directory, plugin name is file name
without file extension
.py. It's recommended to read comment lines in plugin
source files to understand how it works and what it does.
Plugins for all backends
reject_sender_login_mismatch: Reject sender login mismatch (addresses in
From:and SASL username). It will verify user alias addresses against SQL/LDAP database.
reject_null_sender: Reject message submitted by sasl authenticated user but specifying null sender in
from=<>in Postfix log). RECOMMEND to enable this plugin.
If your user's password was cracked by spammer, spammer can use this account to bypass smtp authentication, but with a null sender in
From:header, throttling won't be triggered.
amavisd_wblist: Reject senders listed in per-user blacklists, bypass senders listed in per-user whitelists stored in Amavisd database. RECOMMEND to enable this plugin.
amavisd_message_size_limit: Check per-recipient message size limit stored in Amavisd database (column
policy.message_size_limit), reject email if message size exceeded.
Plugins for OpenLDAP backend
ldap_maillist_access_policy: restrict who can send email to mail list.
ldap_force_change_password_in_days: force users to change password in days (default 90 days). User cannot send email before resetting password.
- Not used anymore:
ldap_amavisd_block_blacklisted_senders: per-user sender whitelist and blacklist.
- Not used anymore:
ldap_recipient_restrictions: per-user recipient whitelist and blacklist.
Plugins for MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL backends
sql_alias_access_policy: restrict who can send email to mail alias.
sql_user_restrictions: per-user sender and recipient restrictions.
sql_force_change_password_in_days: force users to change password in days (default 90 days). User cannot send email before resetting password.