This logfile holds my changes to SRB2. Its somewhat a "jounal"...
I can't believe its been two years since I started it.
Turtle Man Jan 17 2009
Turtle Man 1-13-07 Log started.
1-13-07 - 1-16-07: geting ready to port.
I am porting my other srb2 sorce code to this one, because I broke the other one and now it crashs and I can't fix it :(
>>List all the changes to SRB2.
added = port, adding = edit right now, but TMNT is added and adding ...
Files added: TMNTinSrb2win.rc, // no more Srb2win.rc
TMNTDefs.h, TW_Game.c, TW_Game.h, TW_info.c, TW_info.h, // TMNT files
SPM_Command.c, SPM_Command.h, SPM_Player.c, SPM_Player.h, // thay may go away because I don't think I need them.
d_items.c, d_items.h, p_pspr.c, // for WEAPONS
<See TMNTDefs.h for more info>
added TMNT, in D_main.c,
added TMNTMAINSKIN in R_things.c. <done porting>
added TMNTNES, in D_main.c, G_game.h,
added HERO, in D_main.c, G_game.h. <done porting>
added TMNTHOLIDAYS, in D_main.c, P_inter.c, G_game.h, P_user.c, info.c, info.h. <done porting>
adding SONICMODE, in D_main.c, G_game.h, P_enemy.c,
// todo add MARIOFIX
added TMNT, in D_main.c, M_menu.c, St_stuff.c, D_ticcmd.h, P_inter.c, P_mobj.c, P_pepr.h, Doomstat.h, St_stuff.c,
added TMNTIWAD, in D_main.c, Dstrings.c. <done porting>
added TMNTHOLIDAYS, in P_saveg.c,
added HERO, in P_saveg.c,
adding MELEE, in D_main.c, M_menu.c, Doomstat.h,
adding TMNTMISC, in M_menu.c, P_setup.c, Dehacked.c, Doomstat.h, St_stuff.c,
added TMNTBEATEMUP, in M_menu.c. <done porting>
adding RACEISNOTDEADYET, in D_main.c, D_netcmd.c/h, M_menu.c, P_enemy.c, P_inter.c, P_mobj.c,
P_setup.c, P_spec.c, P_user.c, Command.c, Doomstat.h, G_game.c, Hu_stuff.c,
::::::First build >> It works :) but its missing alot that it had before, more work for me...
added WEAPONS, in D_netcmd.c, D_player.h, D_ticcmd.h, M_cheat.c/h, M_menu.c, P_inter.c, P_mobj.c,
P_pepr.h, P_user.c, G_game.c, G_input.c, info.c/h, St_stuff.c,
adding TMNT, in P_setup.c,
adding TMNTMISC, in M_menu.c, hw3sound.c,
added MELEE in M_menu.c, St_stuff.h, <todo make Melee hud>
adding WEAPONS in M_menu.c, P_inter.c,
adding TMNTHUD, in St_stuff.c, y_inter.c, <todo make TMNT hud>
::::::unknown build >> need's work
adding WEAPONS changes all over.
::::::unknown build >> it won't compile, So the weapons dont work...
adding PLAYERCHEATED <todo finsh this>
adding TMNTSPLIT <todo finsh this>
TMNTHUD Yay I got The hud working :D
::::::Lots of builds >> lot's of builds to get the hud working :D
removed SPM_files, and p_pspr.c.
renamed d_item.c/h to weapons.c/h and moved to T_TMNT folder.
adding TMNTMOVES // removed SPmoves. So, now I will make TMNTmoves, now the turtles can move...
adding TMNTMOVES finded mfspining
adding NEWCOLORS light_blue for skins.
added BLACK the color black for skins.
* I think I fixed the color bug (NEWCOLORS)
* Working on Weapons.
* I need to add: (for the hud where you have the weapon)
INFNIND for infinityammo
SHURIND for shuriken
ZAPIND for zapingshuriken
EXPLIND for explosionshuriken
HOMNIND for homingshuriken
LASERIND for lasershuriken
* it compiled, but will it work. I have to test it later.
TODO: make it so I don't need weapons, just ammo/shurikens.
* Working on POWERS
* Defining WEAPONS makes it so you can't jump, great.
* Fixed NEWCOLORS, I think.
2-14-07: Well I've done nothing since 2-2-07.
* ported to the src on the svn, Now I can update it easyer.
* added MD2WAD from SRB2JTE svn src.
* I forgot what I've done... and skins crash the game.
* updated to newer svn code which fixed a player skin bug when you are a skin that does not use "PLAY" it doesn't crash anymore,
but you have no skin. I didn't break the skins yay...
* changed 2 ints for TMNTMOVES to booleans in D_player.h
* I think every thing is ported, But I should check.
* removed MELEE folder and files that are not used(All of them were /* */ed).
* todo remake WEAPONS, also weapons.c/h were rename back to d_items.c/h
todo fix/work on TMNTMOVES, its a big job.
* worked on WEAPONS, TMNTMOVES, and MELEE (geting it ready when I see something not looking)
* Working on WEAPONS, fixed src code and update to svn, skins work but some fof have changed.
mabe I'll have working WEAPONS soon.
* Did some wad work for weapons, tested and it locked up my pc.
I think its because SHURIND was missing, its add and wish me luck.
Bad new it lockup, when I get the weapon nothing happens,
but when I press NEXTWEAPON it locks up.
So it could be the HUD or the NEXTWEAPON key or something else.
todo add fraglimit thingy from doom legacy and modified for melee KO battle
WEAPONS2 is weapons stuff that was ported from legacy that is unneeded.
* Porting DOORS, frag(MELEEKO), from legacy, I should be working on other things.
Did some work on WEAPONS.
* Latly the game has been strage I hope it was the svn src was being work on.
I have too port it too a clean src... This one is broke, like on 1-13-07 but not as bad. :(
* I don't log as much stuff as before.
* added TMNTBUTTONS and NOLIGHTDASH,
* porting to srcsvn
* still porting to srcsvn, almost done. Just TMNTTWOD, POWERS, and MARIOFIX left.
added NOBADGUYS if not coop you can turn them on/off.
* removed homing by #ifndef NOLIGHTDASH, So it removes homing and lightdash.
* started porting MARIOFIX and fixed NOBADGUYS So you can't turn bays guys off in gametype chaos.
done porting MARIOFIX and added some stuff to it.
TMNTTWOD does not need to be ported because it twodmode copyed and renamed.
* did some work on RACEISNOTDEADYET, some other misc. stuff that I foregot.
# Everything from my past TMNT source codes are port to this one almost, there was some unneeded stuff that was not ported.
removed SPR_SEED/S_SEED/MT_SEED #ifndef TMNTMISC, like soniccd which uses the SEED.
updated to svn: 1207
I forgot info.c/h, So not all is port, not today... ENDLOG.
* Fixing info.c/h
adding TMNTBOXES, added TFOG, and later I need to redo all of info.c/h and hw_light.c/h ...
* updated to svn 1229, did some MELEE work, not much was done today.
* updated to svn 1233. Lots of work/porting on DOORS added p_switches.c
* Lots more work on DOORS, going to test.
DOORS and Switches Work! Yay, they could use some work still. And I still need to fix info.c/h ....
updated svn 1233 to 1241,
* adding TMNT2PLAYER removes spiltscreen/uses one cam removes crosshair, adding TMNT4PLAYERS For upto 4 players!
oh and I did more work on info.c/h but its still not right...
#TODO: make a new cam like in the Turtle games, and remove cv_chasecam. The cam should always be on.
* updated to svn r1248
* I did some work on TMNT4PLAYERS,
rename alot of SONICMODE to SRB2MODE, SONICMODE is for sonicmode like mariomode and SRB2MODE is things only needed in srb2
started working on MIKESKIN which makes leo skin 0 and mike skin 3, but it crashes the game...
* Fixed Pause key, it works now :)
added TMNTFONT some changes to the font, Started RESETGAME to reset everything, doesn't work yet..
* updated from svn r1248 to svn r1272.
Did some work on TMNTMOVES, and updated to svn r1275
* updated to svn r1287
I may have done something else but I don't know...
* updated to svn r1309
* started porting acbots to ifdef ACBOTS // todo: fix bots
fixed sprnames //todo fix lights in hw_light.c
- working on ACBOTS, WEAPONS, WEAPONSTEST, NEWTAG
mirror tag should work...,
# todo get game runing, freeze tag, bots,
- updated from svn 1309 to 1338
- ported SRB2black to this src, updated to svn 1348
- renamed NEWCOLORS to LIGHTBLUE, and did some other stuff...
- fixed srb2 compiling, and did some other stuff...
- fixed tmnt compiling, note to self don't define FIXED makes errors...
fixed TagMode_OnChange (NEWTAG) and Command_ShowGametype_f (SHOWGAMETYPEFIX)
working on BOXES and TMNTBOXES
- working on MELEEKO, BOXES, and ACBOTS
- working on ACBOTS
- worked on WEAPONS, NOAMMO, DOORS, ACBOTS, and SPECIALMAPS.
- renamed p_pspr.c to p_weapons.c
- added some stuff to TMNT2PLAYER
fixed MIRROR, added REDXVIFUN, and REDXVIFUN2
- ported CONSOLEBORDERS adds borders to the console
removed NOAMMO it part of WEAPONS now.
working on WEAPONFREESLOTS && WEAPONS
- working on weapons
- working on weapons and bots
renamed d_items.h to p_weapons.h, moved d_items.c to p_weapons.c
- removed WEAPONS2
- added to DOORFIX, fixed part of TMNTSOUNDS and POWERS
- changed ifdef TMNTBOXES to if defined TMNT && defined BOXES
- updating to svn code 1442-1504.
- todo add player->lastgoodweapon?
- added MUSICFIX, done updating to svn code 1442-1504.
- working on Weapons and Melee,
now MELEEKO should work,
adding TMNTMODELS, fixed MARIOFIX, did some work on Challenge Mode(SPECIALMAPS)
fixing Weapons removed UNMOD added TMNTDEBUG.
added King of the Hill (KOTH) and Keep away (KEEPAWAY)
added SONICR for !defined TMNT
did some work on ACBOTS
added SRB2CHEATS if !defined no cv_startrings, cv_startlives, cv_startcontinues.
fixed code from svn, lots of wrok on SONICR && SONICR2
working on POWERS hud ect, fixed TMNTMISC in M_DrawStats1 - 5
added SUBNAME, editors can change the "ZONE" under the level name.
fixed part of info.c/h it's better...needs work.
Working on SONICR, SONICR2, SONICR3, and SONICR4, ...
updated to newest svn code
fixed SONICR, part of TMNTINFO, SUBNAME.
working on ACBOTS, added XD_WEAPONCHANGE for WEAPONS
Fixed POWERS, POWERS2, working on WEAPONS, and tring to get everything working right.
update tmntinsrb2.wad -> map03/Door test to work with door changes
update tmnt config file for Doom builder, because I changed alot of the doors line numbers
todo fix it so doors don't kill players
todo make a cooler door test level...
worked and cleaned up DOORS and DOORFIX, DOORFIX is part of DOORS now.
added ML_NODON, renamed DOORFIX2 to DOORFIX
Bug: Linedef Executers don't work <<fixed there was something wrong with info.c/h So it didn't see MT_TELEPORTMAN
fixed POWERS in p_weapons.c so your number of weapons go down.
>todo: fix Switch Linedef Executers line types 148 and 149
copyed HOCKEY from SRB2 1.08
added sector types 960(Red Team's Goal) && 961(Blue Team's Goal) to Editor config file
todo don't have P_ResetScore called so much
fixing MELEEHUD in y_inter.c
5-5-07: Still tring to fix everything I've done so far
updated to svn SRB2109: 1683
working on MELEEHUD
>bug: when a player dies the game crashs
updated to svn SRB2109: 1691
>bug: when starting tmntinsrb2.wad -> MAP80(Hockey) in CTF the game crashs, but in coop/SP it doesn't
fixing WEAPONS, and DOORS
renamed: TMNTinSRB2win.rc to TMNTwin.rc
renamed: tmntinsrb2.wad to tmnt.wad
added DOORS in G_PlayerFinishLevel to remove key card when a level ends
clean up in p_weapons.c
todo for melee weapon:
make a overlay system so melee weapons are over all 8 of your player sprites of each frame
and over all your frames by using the frame from the melee weapon sprites.
added WACKYSOUNDS and it should work, untested.
I need to update from svn 1701 to 1783...
fixed Weapon Changing I think
renamed PLAYERCHEATED to CHEATEDGAME
>bug: when a Robot gets killed by a throw ring the game crashs...
fixed: a thing was miss named fixed with MUSICFIX
working on ACBOTS and WEAPONS
Weapon Changing Work. I need to test it in a network game. I hope it work... it should...
Melee Weapons need work still.
Cleaned up BOXES
working on WEAPONS, and stuff I foregot...
lots and lots of work on Boxes, renamed MELEEBOXES to BOXES
added COUNTRINGS for non-TMNT
worked on BOXES. they slide if cv_slide_boxes.value
fixed cv_slide_boxes... nevermind its not fixed.
lot of work on BOXES and WEAPONS and MELEE weapons and POWERS
and what was IFOG for? -- 6-22-07 I think its for boxes
did some work on BOXES, if a BOX has flags2 & MF2_BLUEKEY it doesn't move.
work on TMNTATTACK and TMNTMOVES and removed MT_MELEE.
tring to fix TMNTSWIM
worked on WEAPONS.
lots of work on weapons
PORTING: to svn code 1833 from 1701
added WEAPONS in:
WEAPONS is now ported to THIS source code.
>todo #ifdef SRB2CHEATS to #ifndef NOSRB2CHEATS
added TMMT and Renaming TMNT to TMNTMAIN
done porting WEAPONS // on 5-29-07
done porting TMNT
done porting BOXES
done porting TMNTDEBUG
done porting TMNTINFO
done porting TMNTMAINSKIN
done porting MIKESKIN
done porting TMNTMISC
done porting TMNTFLASHING
done porting TMNTHUD
done porting TMNTHUD2
done porting TMNT4PLAYERS
done porting TMNTCAM
done porting VENUS
done porting TMNTIWAD
done working for now...
renamed parts of TMNTMAIN and TMNTHUD to TMNTHEALTH
done porting TMNTSOUNDS
done porting TMNTSCORE
done porting TMNTRESETSCORE
done porting TMNTFONT
done porting TMNTCREDITS
done porting TMNTATTACK
done porting TMNTMODELS
done porting TMNTAUTOAIM
done porting TMNTTAILSPICKUP
done porting TMNTSWIM
done porting HERO renamed HERO to HEROMODE
done porting SPECIALMAPS
done porting TMNTNES
done porting TMNTTWOD
done porting TMNTANIMFLATS
done porting TMNTCONSOLE
done porting CONSOLEBORDERS
done porting SHOOTSWITCHES
done porting TMNTBUTTONS
done porting TMNTHOLIDAYS
done porting LIGHTBLUE
done porting BLACK
Added DOORFIX2 whitch changes the door to use sector->doordata instead of sector->ceilingdata So doors don't kill you.
done porting DOORS
done porting WACKYSOUNDS
DOORSTEXT is nothing so I didn't port it
done porting DOORFIX
done porting SKINDEH
done porting SAVESUBNAME
done porting SUBNAME
done porting MUSICFIX
done porting MD2MENU
done porting MD2WAD
done porting MARIOFIX
done porting TMNTNIGHTS
done porting NOMSMOTD
I think I'm done porting NOLIGHTDASH
done porting NOCROSSHAIR
done porting NOBADGUYS
I am not going to port CHEATFIX
done porting NOREDXVI
done porting SHOWGAMETYPEFIX
done porting DONTIERROR
done porting CHEATEDGAME
done porting TMNT2PLAYER
working on porting MELEE
done porting MELEE
done porting MELEEHUD
done porting MELEEKO
adding OVERLAY for WEAPONS
working on porting TMNTMOVES, I may be done with TMNTMOVES but I need to check later...
working on porting POWERS
done porting MATCHBOXES
changed MATCHBOXES to if not defined BOXES
tring to fix the code so it will run
changed nodrown to drown makes more sents
changed #ifndef NOSRB2CHEATS back to #ifdef SRB2CHEATS...
fixed NOBADGUYS, TMNTDEBUG
renamed wp_zapingshuriken to wp_electricshuriken
added WEAPONS2 should add names for weapons
I found what define makes the game crash "TMNTRESETSCORE" I still don't know why...
worked on WEAPONS, OVERLAY,
something in WEAPONS was making the game crash at level load.
I need to fix weapons so they work still but not crashing is better...
more work on OVERLAY and TMNTHOLIDAYS
resync to SRB2109 [1832-1891]
todo fix WEAPONS, OVERLAY, ect
worked on WEAPONS, and other things...
fixing WEAPONS and WEAPONS2, misc ect
resync to SRB2109 [1891-1912]
Weapons are geting better :)
lots of work on WEAPONS
added BOXDEBRIS, BOXDEBRIS2, ITEMFIX
todo fix MF_ITEM -- fixed 6-20-07
worked on WEAPONS, items
fixed WEAPONS, items, and did some other thinks.
I did something...
WEAPONS2 is now part of WEAPONS
WEAPONFREESLOTS is now part of WEAPONS
worked on WEAPONCOLOR, MF_ITEM code, and WEAPONS.
TODO test the exe I don't have time right now...
working on WEAPONS and OVERLAY
added gotsound for WEAPONS
OVERLAY works :)
Worked on FREEZETAG
Did alot of work on WEAPONS, and other stuff.
Tring to fix TMNTSWIM
I think I fixed the "badguys" console command for netplay.
- Small clean up.
- fixed HOCKEY
- changed DEFAULTSKIN's starttranscolor to 176 and endtranscolor to 191.
and other stuff.
- working on WEAPONS and OVERLAY, and other misc work.
- I did a lot of stuff...
- fixed T_NextWeapon and I don't remember all the rest that I did today...
- started TMNTCANCARRY, did some clean up.
- worked on WEAPONS I hope there done soon...
- fixed up some of the code with four space tab.
- Fixed TMNTCANCARRY I now have working pickup code :)
- I found a bug when starting a two player game it says "Too many players from\nthis node."
when you then go to start a server it says it again, if you do end game you can start a server.
fixed with SPLITSCREENFIX.
-todo?- should boxes float?
- I think this code is updated to svn r2008. Its up to 2045 so I should resync to SRB2109.
- resync to SRB2109 r2045
- lots of work on TMNTCANCARRY
- worked on KEEPAWAY its alot better now.
- fixed KEEPAWAY and KOTH, broke BOXES...
added KOTHLIGHT and KOTHLIGHT2 they don't work right.
- adding MT_FLYBOT
- worked on y_inter.c
- fixed bugs, BOXES, WEAPONS, and more!
- updated to r2096
- fixed ONESCREEN
- fixed DOORFIX, worked on WEAPONS, and other misc. stuff.
- I did stuff...
- resync to SRB2109:r2117
- I did a lot of stuff. this log file is useless...
- worked on stuff...
- resync to r2147
- resync to r2148
- fixed misc stuff.
- some bot work, and other misc stuff.
- rename MIRROR to CONFUSED
- removed MIRRORCVAR
- removed SONICMODE
- removed VENUS
- removed CHECKFORWAD
- I need to clean up the code, and resync to SRB2109.
- removed CONSOLEBORDERS
- worked on BOXDEBRIS
- fixed misc stuff
- clean up.
- added SKINHEIGHT and SKINRADIUS, for per-skin player height and radius.
- I got a error when leaving the intermisson of MAP03: Internal memory management error
- fixing the attacking code, removed the attacking pflags added player->attacktype and attacktype_t.
- removed DOORFIX2 it didn't do anything.
- defense won't work I need to change P_DamageMobj to work with player->attackpower.
- working on TMNTDAMAGE
- did some work on TMNTDAMAGE
- removed MELEEGAMETYPE change code to MELEE and KOTH and KEEPAWAY
* resync to r2203, from r2148
* fixed WEAPONS so MF_WEAPON is not needed and WEAPONS works better.
* small clean up.
* resync to r2213, from r2203.
* I need fix everything, I broke a lot of stuff...
* resync to r2214, from r2213.
* I have no idea...
* added dooropenclose
* worked on TMNTATTACK
* and other misc stuff.
* removed IFOG
* trying to get doors to work on a floor over floor
* added box, and barrel MD2 models
* resync to r2254.
* Trying to fix some stuff that is nonworking.
* todo remember to fix Boxes EXPLODE.
* bug: in GT_MELEE when you attack you hurt your self? and when you have no health the game locks up.
* I forgot about putting stuff in this file...
* Trying to have KOTH use KOTH lights by control sector insted of thing(MT_KOTH).
* added OPENGLFOGFIX I'm trying to fix fog blocks to opengl...
* worked on OPENGLFOGFIX
* removed MARIOFIX the only thing it 'fixed' was the firing code
so that players could shoot with out pw_fireflower.
* move DOORSCRUSH to DOORS
* Made lots of changes to doors trying to have them work with fof, but I broke them insted.. :(
* resync to r2407.
* fixed and broke doors again...
* resync to r2430.
* removed TMNTNES.
* worked on TMNTSOUNDS, added some sounds to the sound list.
* removed FREEZETAG, never tested and I don't think it would make a good gametype.
* I should spend some time coming up with what this game should be besides just
a Ninja Turtle game. I need to get the exe working(remove the unneeded stuff and
fix all the TMNT stuff...) but I need to find out how to make levels that feel Turtleish...
maybe the fact that I'm a green somic has something to do with it...
or maybe because the textures, patch, sprites, text, everything, and ect are sonicish...
I want to have a playable demo by September of 2008, that will be the two year anivsery
of the so called game... So I have 10 months to come up with a name... beside TMNT fangame...
* resync to r2440.
* Worked on boomerangs, WEAPONS.
* Messed with boomerang code.
* resync to r2484.
* started work on OPENGLINTER
* Worked on BOXCOLLISION.
* added crawling to TMNTCROUCH.
* fixed keys so they spin, and added key models.
* fixed doors that are fofs.
* Melee weapons have there own range.
* trying to add a thing that spawns the skins face when player gets a point in KOTH. (KOTHFACE)
* fixed KOTHLIGHT2 and changed it to KOTHLIGHT, now the koth line colormaps the koth sector.
* fixed POWERS orbs for powerups, now I need new orb sprites...
* Command_SetWeapon_f should work with mulitword weapon names
* worked on POWERS
* fixed fof DOORS so they work properly.
* added bugs... There are to many...
* I checked and Network works again, but I have no idea why.
Nor do I have any idea why it stop working in the first place...
* Added and Changed and Removed some bugs on the bug list.
* cleaned up some of the weapon code.
* Fixed OPENGLINTER so it works! It still needs some work though, the screen is up side down...
* resync to r2678
* fixed OPENGLINTER so the screen is right-side-up...
* started HWRENDERFIX the players view can be flipped upside down in OpenGL now!
* Trying to fix OPENGLFOGFIX still...
* Under water view in OpenGL Fixed, HWRENDERFIX.
* Fix the crash bug when adding a wadfile.
* added CANDLELIGHT.
* worked on HWRENDERFIX and OPENGLFOGFIX
now cv_homremoval works in OpenGL and Fog blocks and lindef type 49 work better in OpenGL!
fog is still buggy.
* fixed a colormap bug for fog, OPENGLFOGFIX.
* fixed md2 models so they colormap, MD2FIX.
* messed with swimming code. I moved the swimming friction code so it gets run...
* started porting the particle code form Eternity Engine.
* working on getting PARTICLES to compile.
* got PARTICLES comepiling.
* started BETTERVIEW for the water view and flipped view in splitscreen, only for OpenGL.
* did some more work on BETTERVIEW it almost works.
* removed USE_ZIP it didn't work and I don't want to fix it. it was just zip code I had taken from DoomsDay.
* replaced spaces with tabs in MELEE.
* fixed DOORFIX2.
* Finally fixed D_ControlSector, so that is a control sector has more
than one 3D floor line it will move them all.
* Fixed Particles they show on the screen now.
* Now particles can change to any color in the palette!
* Fixed Particle scaling so there can be more then one size particle.
* Worked on particles
* updated to latest svn code r2810 from r2678
* Added TMNTDLL
* started working on rendering particles in opengl so far its not working it just crushes...
* did a small space clean up, spaces to tabs, in info.c
* worked on fixing TMNTSWIM.
* did a little work on TMNTSWIM.
* fixing OVERLAY, player->overlay and player->weaponoverlay have been removed.
* OVERLAY is all fixed up. I think that it should work alot better.
* Fixed crash when player throw a mobj, mobj's target was used after it was set to NULL.
* removed 'if a player is carrying a object and gets the spin pizza power,
the obect dissapears when it should be dropped.'
from the bug list because its fixed.
* fixing spacing with tabs.
* fixed BETTERPIZZA so it doesn't crash or c-fail.
* got linedef type 149(Switch: Trigger Linedef Executer) working.
* fixed boxes so they slide again.
* fixed spacing, resyncing to SRB2109, misc clean up and fixes of the whole source code.
* fixed spacing, resyncing to SRB2109, misc clean up and fixes of the whole source code.
* fixed error message boxes so they no longer say SRB2 at the top.
* done fixing spacing I think its all fixed.
* buttons are now cleared at level start.
its something I missed when copying switches from Doom Legacy.
* updated to r2837
* did some work on particles, change the particle fountain some to my liking
and added particle map thing for fountain, drip, and flies.
* Added BETTERBUTTONS buttons now have a thinker(like doors) so there is no max.
* Changed Switch/Button lindef numbers, where a switch is a button or can be used again
is now set by the textureoffest on the front side.
* fixed MT_STARPOST so that it no longer has a 12 second fuse caused by MF_ITEM.
* updated my code that used finecosine and finesine to FINECOSINE and FINESINE
* worked on TMNT4PLAYERS its far from done...
* worked on TMNT4PLAYERS.
* Did a little work on md2 stuff(TMNTMODELS moved to WADMOD, WADTEX, MODINFO)
* Updated from r2810 to r2869
* Removed TMNTCONSOLE for its uselessness it changed con_* console commands to cons_*
* Removed bots (ACBOT, ACBOTS, JTEACBOTS, NEWACBOTS, NEWACBOTS2, BOTDEBUG, JTEBOTS)
they didn't work and I shouldn't waste any more time on them.
* worked on PARTICLES.
* I still can't find what causes the steam crash bug :(
* started PNGTEXTURES...
* wated more time on PNGTEXTURES... Now I need to do something pointful.
* removed TMNTCAM it didn't do anything...
* removed TMNTAUTOAIM, I think it hasn't ever been defined.
* removed TMNTFLASHING, I don't use it.
* fixed KOTH lights having to be on for a second when the map starts, KOTHLIGHT.
* removed OLDPARTICLES non-working and replaced with PARTICLES.
* removed WEAPONS2
* fixed NEWTAG
* fixed some of the wxlauncher.
* Sonic R is Back! (SONICR, SONICR2, SONICR3, SONICRHUD, BALLOONS, SONICRSAVE)
* fixed water view, if in a netgame and any player is underwater water view was active. RANDOMFIXES.
* started LOCALPLAYERS helper for TMNT4PLAYERS it will make everything that
has to do with localplayers that are things like localangle and localangle2
be a array like localangle and localangle
so it shouldn't be long before I have working 32 player splitscreen.
* more work has been done on LOCALPLAYERS...
* fixed loading models and model textures from wadfiles (WADMOD, WADTEX)
but MODINFO is still broken.
* PICKUPBUTTON and PICKUPBUTTON2 are both working now so they have
been merged with TMNTCANCARRY
* merged WEAPONCOLOR with WEAPONS
* Added CONTROLFIX, it not done yet...
* added WADTEX2
* added GLFUN for loading PNG and PCX for anything (sprites, flats, patch_t's, HUD gfx, ...)
* Working on drawing flats and patchs I have 5 almost done.
I should spend a week just doing flats and patchs...
* Working on flats and textures still.
* Did some misc things
Changed the order of dropping and scoring of CTF flags in TMNTCANCARRY.
Removed a unneeded return in PCX_Load.
Changed some comments...
* Boxes no longer kill the player that dropped it.
* WEAPONS stuff
* Removed MF2_DROPPED it was only used in 3 spots
* Setting MF2_DROPPED's value in mobjflag2_t.
* When picking up a weapon MF2_DROPPED was checked for to know if the health is "ammo",
Note it wasn't check when weapon was given by touch.
* When dropping a weapon it was given the flag MF2_DROPPED and health was set to "ammo".
So now changing a weapons give after it is spawn will not change
its "ammo" to give.
Same goes for timer, timer was not effected by any
of the changes I made by removing MF2_DROPPED.
So now "ammo"+1 is aways in weapons health.
Its "ammo"+1 so that timer only weapons don't have health of 0.
When getting the "ammo" from health 1 is subtraced.
* fixed time only weapons dropping before
it could be spawn with health of 0 which means its dead...
* Added P_GiveWeaponMobj now giving Weapons by touch and by pickup is done the same way.
* Added A_AttackStart and A_AttackEnd.
* Worked on WEAPONS, Weapons should be the most working thing that I have in the source code.
So why am I always fixing it?
* P_ChangeDoorDirection now doors change direction base on type, not line->special.
* resync to r2920
* Now there can be three buttons on each sidedef of a linedef, DOORS
doom legacy only allow 1 button per line. TMNT now allows 6, 3 per side...
* Fixed Command_CheatGimme_f theres a for loop in a for loop and type both used the same i.
* removed TOL_XMAS it set xmaxmode to true. but if the 3drend.dll isn't added the
only change is that it snows which can be done by changing the wether.
* Added FILESDIR now users can set a environment variable for where the wadfiles are.
So that you can have multipul copies of SRB2 that all use the same wadfiles.
I added it because I have 3 copies of SRB2 1.09.4 and it would be nice if I
didn't have to have 3 copies of all of the wadfiles.
* Added some door stuff to the TODO file.
* Changed some DOORS stuff and added some new stuff for Linedef executor doors.
Now all of the doors are Linedef executor.
The test map has been updated and all seem well.
* Now a particles color is the index of the color in particleColors
Which will make getting the rgb for OpenGL better.
* Removed NOCROSSHAIR
* ttbanner now scrolls up to its spot at the title screen, TMNTMAIN.
* Update editor config files with all of the changes as of late,
changed values of ML_*skinnames* and changed Line Types for doors and switch.
* The Doors are broken.
March 11, 2008
* Added linedefExecuted to know if we should change the switch texture, DOORS.
April 1, 2008
* It's been a long while since I've done anything and I think the time has come to
fix the program.
April 5, 2008
* I think I have now found where players hit the ground.
Now I should be able to fix the jump attack code.
Also I enabled hit gound sound to be played, it used to be TOL_ADVENTURE only, TMNTMOVES.
* Change some code for breaking breakable FOFs, now all of the sectors within the
attack radius can be hit.
ATTACKTEST is now unneeded. Because I do the same thing only better.
* Removed ATTACKTEST.
April 7, 2008
* A few minor misc changes.
* Changed some of CHEATEDGAME.
* Finally fixed dumping sectors from Red Volcano Zone, MAPDEBUG2.
April 9, 2008
* Replaced S_PLAY_JUMPFALL, with S_PLAY_FALL1 and S_PLAY_FALL2
April 26, 2008
* Nothing happening... Sometimes I think I should tell the world what I am doing
so they will bug me to work on it...
* I want to go back to working and thinking about it night and day this summer.
* But I feel like I need to find a different engine if the game is going to be
base on the TMNT 2003 TV series, like Quake2.
I am going to have a shell of fun making my dream TMNT engine,
SRB2 1.1 Doom Legacy 2.0 and Quake2 level format.
* I think I fix friction for hockey puck.
* Disabled HOCKEY I don't think this will work well as a gametype.
The code is left in though.
* Moved to new Source Folder, svnscr5.
* Added CUSTOMSKINMTINFO, Now each skin can have its own map thing info.
Which allows each skin to have its own height, radius, and much more.
* Removed SKINHEIGHT and SKINRADIUS.
* Renamed SAVESUBNAME to LOADGAME_SUBNAME
* Fixed the following bug:
The game crashs when player touches steam or a fan.
This happens even when the TMNT stuff isn't defined.
but it doesn't happen with the normal svn code.
I no idea what is causing the crash.
It turns out I made a copy-and-paste error...
April 29, 2008
* Added VERSIONLUMP
Version Lump: When loading a wad load all of the lumps, if a VERSION lump is found
while going through the lumps check if it is the correct version if it is continue
loading as normal. If it isn't don't load any lumps till a corrent version lump is found.
* PLAYERSTATEFIX, Now players can use all states in netgames! Not just up to S_PLAY_SUPERHIT.
April 30, 2008
* Started NEWPARTICLES, p_particles.c/h I want to write my own particle code from scrach.
May 2, 2008
* Merged BOXES and BOXES2, the code for the Sonic Monitors is all gone now,
well except the code I use for boxes...
May 3, 2008
* Started PLAYERMD2SKIN for rendering MD2 models in player setup menu.
May 12, 2008
* Change analog fix code in RANDOMFIXES to ANALOGFIX
* Almost finished ANALOGFIX, theres still a problem:
When analog is on and the chasecam is off,
the player can turn but when they press forward or backward
they are stuck moving of the rail of where the camera was facing
before it was turned off.
May 20, 2008
* I move HWR_InitMD2(); to be run sooner, I need to test if allows MODELCFG to be loaded at
I just check and it seem it some thing somewhere is broken...
Sonic's model is used, and all of the other sprites are invisible.
Meaning "skin models" work and "sprite models" don't?
May 27, 2008
* I need better commenting in this log file ...Mostly I just try to put something in it
so I know what days I worked on the game.
* Added Traffic Cone and Traffic Caution.
May 28, 2008
* Added INTERACTIVE_SCENERY, for having scenery like in the TMNT games.
Allow some scenery to be damaged.
* Tring to fix DOORS. I got them working again. It turns out I disable some code in
a function and forgot to change what I passed into the function. The function was
* Added SWITCHZ, for Switch Z checking. The checking works.
* Added side checking to switches so that players can't use switches that
are on the other side of the lindef.
* There are now four Switch line types, Once, Repeatedly, Once Button, and
This removes the need for setting whether the switch can be used again
and/or is a button in the sidedef's X Offset.
* Wait time can now be set for doors by changing the frontsidedef's X offset.
* Its been a good day for doors and switches.
May 29, 2008
* Merged BETTERBUTTONS with DOORS.
* Started changing SWITCHZ to allow switches to be on FOFs.
* Added doorwaitopen and doorwaitclose. The door starts by waiting and then opens/closes.
May 30, 2008
* Changed Shuriken MT_* and S_* now the shurikens each have there own spritedef.
And I made sprites for 3 of the 5 shurikens...
May 31, 2008
* Added more sprites to the wad. And Changed some of the Mobj info to fit the sprites.
* Added A_MeleeAttack, A_MissileAttack, and A_MeleeMissileAttack.
June 2, 2008
* Split Knockout and Last Man Standing, from GT_MELEE to GT_KNOCKOUT and GT_LMS.
* Melee Move code is now MELEEMOVE insted of MELEE.
* "Odd" melee shuriken stuff is now MELEE2 insted of MELEE.
* MELEEHUD code in inter.c is now part of MELEE.
* Fixed player 2 HUD.
* Fixed "SBOTIME" from not being colormapped in non-splitscreen.
* Moved Player 2's score in the intermission more to the right.
* Worked on KOTHFACE, but it still doesn't work.
June 3, 2008
* Removed mariomode, NOMARIOMODE.
June 4, 2008
* Added Anti-power Orbs.
* Merged SWITCHZ with DOORS.
* Removed DOORFIX, it was disabled and unuseable with newer door code.
June 5, 2008
* Testing the game and fixing "little" bugs.
June 6, 2008
* Loading Models from Wadfiles to start up works now.
* Did somework on PLAYERMD2SKIN.
June 7, 2008
* Change wp_null so that it doesn't have weaponinfo anymore.
:Idea for the melee weapon problem.
Players should have two "ready weapons", shuriken and other, allowing
the player to use weapons like in the TMNT games for GCN.
Therefore I think that I should seperated the shurikens from the other weapons.
I don't like the idea of ripping apart the working weapon code,
but it seem like the best way of getting working weapons that aren't shurikens.
* Started NEWWEAPONS to add-to and change WEAPONS.
* Renamed T_ThrowShuriken to P_ThrowShuriken.
* Renamed T_UseMeleeWeapon to P_UseMeleeWeapon.
* Renamed T_NextWeapon to P_NextWeapon.
June 9, 2008
* NEWEAPONS made readyweapon and setweapon arrays of .
[RW_SHURIKEN] is shuriken weapon, [RW_MELEE] is weapon that the player is holding.
* Merged NEWWEAPONS with WEAPONS.
* NEWWEAPONS is now for better melee weapons.
* Added more crazyness to NEWWEAPONS.
When NEWWEAPONS is done its going to be real fun making a skin...
June 10, 2008
* Art stuff.
June 20, 2008
* On the June 19th I started writing a 3D game engine, Shell Engine, using SDL and OpenGL.
* This source code, "TMNT Fangame (SRB2 1.09.4|svn:SRB2/braches/DOOM)" is most
likely dead. It makes me sad, I've spent 2 years working on it.
* A lot of my code may move to Shell Engine.
July 30, 2008
* Well Shell Engine is moving slowly...
But hopefully I have it playable soon.
* I'd like to fix up some stuff and release this source code.
** WEAPONS - Make the changes from June 9th a define...
** CHEATEDGAME - Make sure it works.
** Models In Wads - Make sure it works. --Jan 17 2008: It works.
** What else?
* Added a define named "SRB2TM" it changes the version info of "Somewhat Normal SRB2"
* Fixed compiling of "Somewhat Normal SRB2".
Nov 12, 2008
* Shell Engine has been can'd. I have started modifing Quake3 using the
names Shell Engine2 and TMNT: Arena.
* Changed SHOWGAMETYPEFIX so that the gametype number is printed as well as the name.
* SRB2TM now adds support for SUBNAME to work with SRB2.
"nozone" clears the subname, and it defaults to zone.
* SUBNAME to now defined in SRB2TM.
* WADMOD: MD2s, PNGs, and PCXs, no longer modify the game. So model wadfiles no longer modify the game.
Nov 15, 2008
* Started SUPERSKINS /* I'll comment this here later... */
Jan 17, 2009
* Fixed compiling
* My Quake3 mod is now named "TMNT Arena",
I need to make a Raph player model and finish the attack - much like where I was in TMNT Fangame...
February 21, 2009
* Started SPRITEROLL it currently adds logic code are turning sprites
roll angle, but no changes to sprite drawing, MD2s however should work.
(Its defined in SRB2TM, Flame asked for it -for his mod.)
January 18, 2011
* TMNT Arena has been renamed to Turtle Arena. I seem to like renaming it.
It is going well. I have done things I could only dream of when working on
TMNTinSRB2. Raph is fully working, pickup weapons that the player holds,
real melee attacking based on the location of the weapon, and more.
Now I even have almost completed four player splitscreen.
I do need to look at TMNTinSRB2 and Shell Engine to see what was improtant
to me when I was working on them, it seems each time I started anew there
were different priorities. Now that Turtle Arena is coming along it might
be nice to look back and try to add the things I completed, started,
and maybe things I only dreamed of. Only time will tell if I can really make
Turtle Arena my dream TMNT game. It's getting there.
April 8, 2011
* Turtle Arena now has fully working four player splitscreen! Now Shell Engine
has got (almost) nothin' on Turtle Arena.
* Also I review some of the things that TMNTinSRB2 has that Turtle Arena does
not. Now Turtle Arena has a air meter like TMNTinSRB2! (Also rewote the
drowning to be like SRB2, 30 seconds of air than die instead of 12 seconds
than get hurt each second till you die.)
* I have worked on Turtle Arena longer than TMNTinSRB2 and Shell Engine combined.
It seem hard to believe. Also its been about 34 months since I stop working on
TMNTinSRB2, yet I continue writing this in this log file.
* WEAPONS is all torn up. (Due to June 9th 2008...)
* TODO major: Fix Attacking(ground, jump, and FOF), moving, add Turtle Sprites.
* TODO: Fix time zero when the seconds are less then 10. In splitscreen only?
* TODO: 3 part players, like quake3...