HgSccPackage is a source control package for MS Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015/2017 for Mercurial version control system.
You can install HgSccPackage from MS Visual Studio gallery: Download
You must have the Mercurial v2.1.1 or higher installed. The folder with mercurial client (hg.exe) should be referenced in your PATH environment.
Note: MS Visual Studio 2008/2010 are still supported by additional .msi installer. You can get it here.
Once you've installed HgSccPackage, you need to configure VS to use it.
Changes from v2.0.4
- Added support for MS Visual Studio 2017 RC
Changes from v2.0.3
- Added support for Elvis Designer v3.3+ isolated shell application
Changes from v2.0.2
- Fixed issue when removed and then re added project files stay removed in source control
- Save columns width for bitbucket repository window
Changes from v2.0.1
- Fixed unhandled exception when using a wrong credentials for BitBucket
- Show all repositories available to a user on BitBucket
- Fixed loading a projects without SCC bindings
- Added keyboard accelerators for menu commands
- Added owner and descrition columns for bitbucket repository browser
- Integration for MS Visual Studio 2008-2015
- Files status icons in the solution explorer
- Support for operations: Add, Copy, Remove, Commit, Revert, Rename, Resolve, Compare, Update, Tags, Push, Pull, Incoming, Outgoing, Merge, Clone, Bundle, Archive, Annotate (Blame), View File, Grep, Bookmarks, Rebase
- File history dialog with support of file differencing
- Support tracking of file renames in file history dialog
- Support external file comparison tools
- Toolbar for operations with Mercurial
- Tracking changes for files modified outside of IDE
- Revisions graph log. This feature is similar to hgk, hgview and tortoisehg change log window.
- Support for merging revisions
- Support for rebasing revisions
- Support for multiple mercurial repositories in a solution
- Support for inline file difference in most of package windows
- Support for mercurial subrepositories
- Support for bookmarks
- Integration with Kiln
- Integration with BitBucket
- No support for Patch queues (MQ)
- If you disable UseSccBindings option in package setting, then you will have to activate package manualy in case of working with projects with different source code control providers.
You may also find usefull an HgWin - a GUI tool for mercurial that uses HgSccPackage windows, but can be run as standalone tool from command line. HgWin home
Information for developers:
If you want to contribute or build a HgSccPackage yourself, look at the Development page