This is a fork of the HgSccPackage project. It supports only MS Visual Studio 2008/2010 via standalone .msi installer. The original package is converted to .VSIX to use with VS2012/2013/2015 via Visual Studio Extensions Gallery.
You must have the Mercurial v2.1.1 or higher installed. The folder with mercurial client (hg.exe) should be referenced in your PATH environment.
Once you've installed HgSccPackage, you need to configure VS to use it.
- Integration for MS Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Files status icons in the solution explorer
- Support for operations: Add, Copy, Remove, Commit, Revert, Rename, Resolve, Compare, Update, Tags, Push, Pull, Incoming, Outgoing, Merge, Clone, Bundle, Archive, Annotate (Blame), View File, Grep, Bookmarks, Rebase
- File history dialog with support of file differencing
- Support tracking of file renames in file history dialog
- Support external file comparison tools
- Toolbar for operations with Mercurial
- Tracking changes for files modified outside of IDE
- Revisions graph log. This feature is similar to hgk, hgview and tortoisehg change log window.
- Support for merging revisions
- Support for rebasing revisions
- Support for multiple mercurial repositories in a solution
- Support for inline file difference in most of package windows
- Support for mercurial subrepositories
- Support for bookmarks
- Integration with Kiln
- Integration with BitBucket
- No support for Patch queues (MQ)
- If you disable UseSccBindings option in package setting, then you will have to activate package manualy in case of working with projects with different source code control providers.
You may also find usefull an HgWin - a GUI tool for mercurial that uses HgSccPackage windows, but can be run as standalone tool from command line. HgWin home
Information for developers:
If you want to contribute or build a HgSccPackage yourself, look at the Development page