Minutes IETF 86 Orlando meeting 12 March 2013, 6TSCH group
Caribbean 2, 11.30-12.45
- Define scope and problem slides slides ROLL
- Define goals and deliverables
- Discuss dependencies and liaisons
[slide 3] scope presentation
- rough consensus is asked to audience.
- rough consensus on scope from audience
- Action: reach rough consensus on ML
- Q: where is security covered?
- Action: add specific security section to architecture draft.
- rough consensus is asked to audience.
[slide 4] problem
- draft-phinney-roll-industrial-applicability as starting point for problem statement
[slide 5] Goals and Deliverables
- draft lln context: at version -01, Deals with the challenges of TSCH and missing pieces
- draft architecutre
- draft terminology: provides different definitions of terms colliding with IEEE802.15.4e
- draft coexistence: needed
- New drafts (standards track):
- 6tus: define the adaptation layer on top TSCH
- Management protocols: how from the central manager program the schedule. Extend PCE, to be defined. Extend netconf.
- Track reservation/distributed routing, RSVP-like protocol.
- Adapt existing work:
- 6tsch RPL Objective Function? do we need to do something with it?
- Use fragment forwarding? fragmentation along a track. Using MPLS-like ideas to push fragments along a track.
[slide 6] Dependencies and liaisons:
Norman Finn presents IEEE802.1TSN slides:
- 802.1Q does bridging mainly.
- time sensitive networks (audio,video,bridging task group), then renamed to time sensitive networks.
- basic principles.
- mac addresses are id addresses, not location addresses --> things can move easily.
- filtering database, filters ports according to some information in order to find what port to send the data on.
- RSTP: a single spanning tree shared by all traffic
- MSTP: multiple instances of RSTP - VLANS share different spanning trees.
- SPB: IS-IS bridging, shortest path bridging. Each node has its own SP>T. We are not limited to shared spanning trees anymore.
- Software defined networking
- Traffic engineering. A control node, like MPLS or GMPLS that enables to setup topology decisions.
- SPB: IS-IS to do it. distribute the link state database using the standards Use some tlv that have been added. Same metrics, all intact but only spanning tree computation.
- 2- modes:
- 1-encapsulate users frame in another frame (like tunneling), total and complete encapsulation.
- 2-vlan tag to encode. plug an play version of IS-IS,
- Wired/Wireless bridging:
- how to put wifi in the middle of the network.
- AP becomes a bridge.
- 64bit mac vs 48bit addresses: how do we cope with that? 64 bits can be trimmed down.
- SPBV: plug and play,bridges assign to each other an ID.
- PAth Control Reservation: this is relevant to 6TSCH.
- Explicit path control. bandwidth and stream reservation.
- path can be setup by a controller.
- QoS on 802.1Q.
- 3bits of priority on a vlan tag. Provider vlan tag has one more bit for delivery priority.
- enhaced transmission selection (round robin, you can configure)
- credit based shaper, a queue can be configured according to a credit.
- time scheduled gates that can be applied to queues to ensre priorities.
- Stream reservation.
- adv stream in the whole network.
- Traffic shapping:
- reliable traffic delivery and latency.
- Preemption and time scheduled queueing
- worst case delay has to be reduced. with preemption you can deal with that. (queue preemption).
- Link Aggregation:
- aggregates links in vlan.
- comment: IEEE802.1Q aims to provide the means so a l4 QoS reservation can also fit to a Queue policy in L2 so they agree on what packet goes first according to a priority.
Pascal Thubert present slides on ISA100 CNM WG
- Goal: Common Network Manager and coexistance.
- Looking at netconf, xml for configuration.
- provide network management functionalities.
- coexistence of within a RF medium
- " " RF media usage.
- we don't know yet the granularity where this work will apply. Either at slot or at channel scope.
Pascal Thubert present slides on IoT6 group
- large EU project. Lux, Spain,
- proof that you can do the end to end architecture.
- using the tsch mac is possible.
- provide Ipv6 Connectivity.
- PCE - is provision the time-slots