Wiki

Clone wiki

meetings / 140228_webex

Minutes Webex 28 February 2014, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PST.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Clint Powell
  2. Gennaro
  3. Maria Rita Palattella
  4. Nicola Accettura
  5. Pascal Thubert
  6. Pat Kinney
  7. Pouria Zand
  8. Qin Wang
  9. Rouhollah Nabati
  10. Shitanshu Shah
  11. Thomas Watteyne
  12. Xavi Vilajosana

Recording

Slides

Action Items

  • Maria Rita to cut slide 3 into two separate slides, avoiding animation.
  • Pascal to take slide from terminology and place it after chunk discussion in architecture slides.

Agenda

Minutes

  • [08.04] Meeting starts
    • recording starts
    • slides are kept separate so we can easily merge
    • goal is not to present, but just administrative review of slides
    • Pascal covers Note well
    • We might change the Note Well slide for London
    • Core idea of Note well is around IPR
    • Usual reminder about note taken, publication
    • Presentation agenda for today
  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda

      No issues raised. Agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No issues raised. Minutes approved.

  • [08.07] final agenda
  • [08.09] overview slides
    • Pascal shares screen and walks through slides
    • see https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/140306_ietf89_london/
    • wrapper slides
      • We might ask Michael Richardson to help for Jabber
    • 01a-draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology-01.ppt
      • Maria Rita goes through the slides
      • [Thomas] Could we cut slide 3 in two different slides to avoid animation

        Action item: Maria Rita to cut slide 3 into two separate slides, avoiding animation.

      • [Maria Rita] Chunk is already in architecture draft, do we need it in both?
      • [Pascal] Value in both since goal is different between terminology and architecture.

        Action item: Pascal to take slide from terminology and place it after chunk discussion in architecture slides.

    • 01b-draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture-01.ppt
      • [Pascal] We have a slide on the dependencies with other WGs: 6man and 6lo.
      • 6man: We could fit all of the RPL options in the hop by hop header in the flow label. Would save 8 bytes, plus IP-in-IP encapsulation (2 extra bytes). Instead of having RPL data in hop-by-hop, we could fit that in flow label. Will ask this question to room, asking whether we need to got to 6man with this.
      • 6lo: status on the fragments. People spoke up to indicate that fragment forwarding is important, including on 6TiSCH ML.
      • Please be at both 6man and 6lo meetings.
      • What is missing from architecture document:
        • security. adopt? adopt and merge?
        • discussion about 6LoWPAN and RPL. Little work to be done.
        • AAA. PANA/1X/ACE/SACM are options.
    • 02-draft-wang-6tisch-6top.ppt
      • [Qin] Gives an overview of the different slides.
      • [Pascal] Too many slides?
      • [Qin] YANG model will be very fast.
      • [Qin] We only detail 6top YANG data model.
      • [Pascal] We will ask for adoption of the interface draft, so leave the chairs some time to coordinate adoption.
      • [Qin] Will end by list of issues which need to be addressed. Some come from original 6top draft.
      • [Pascal] In case we are really late, we cut after slides sublayer. We might discuss it in the end.
      • [Qin] Will prepare presentation and make sure fits within 20min.
    • 03-security.ppt
      • [Thomas] We need to coordinate with Michael Richardson and Michael Behringer for slides.
    • 04-plugfest.ppt
      • [Xavi] Slides now there are just intro; we will create more slides during the plugfest.
      • [Xavi] We need to verify whether participants want to appear on the participants list.
      • [Pascal] Do you want to incorporate all slides as one set, or keep separated?
      • [Xavi] Will integrate during the plugfest.
      • [Thomas] Xavi, could you ask the participants to prepare 1-2 slides in advance?
      • [Xavi] Sure.
      • [Pascal] Let's prepare slides assuming everything works.
    • 05a-draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-02.ppt
      • [Thomas] Diego is on the plane, cannot be with us.
    • 05b-draft-piro-6tisch-security-issues-01.ppt
      • [Pascal] Go back to text in black?
      • [Gennaro] Sure, go ahead.
      • Pascal makes little changes to the slides
    • 05c-draft-svshah-tsvwg-deterministic-forwarding-00.ppt
      • deterministic forwarding draft
      • the draft presents the new use case for dscp (diffserv)
      • in the context of 6tisch
      • Pascal asks to reduce some slides to fit a 5min presentation
  • [08.54] AOB

    NO 6tisch call next Friday.

  • [08.57] Meeting ends

Updated

Tip: Filter by directory path e.g. /media app.js to search for public/media/app.js.
Tip: Use camelCasing e.g. ProjME to search for ProjectModifiedEvent.java.
Tip: Filter by extension type e.g. /repo .js to search for all .js files in the /repo directory.
Tip: Separate your search with spaces e.g. /ssh pom.xml to search for src/ssh/pom.xml.
Tip: Use ↑ and ↓ arrow keys to navigate and return to view the file.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Ctrl+j (next) and Ctrl+k (previous) and view the file with Ctrl+o.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Alt+j (next) and Alt+k (previous) and view the file with Alt+o.