Minutes, 6 February 2015 interim, 6TiSCH WG
Note: timestamps in PST.
- Webex: https://ciscosales.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?ED=219615007&UID=481905242&PW=NZTRkNDAwOTE1&RT=MiMyMw%3D%3D
- Etherpad: http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/6tisch?useMonospaceFont=true
- Topic: 6TiSCH Bi-Weekly
- Time: 7:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
- Meeting Number: 206 802 913
- Meeting Password: sixtus
- CCM: +14085256800x206802913 Resources
- Webex recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=359d9e5198e844e0a5d12c43f9109fee
- Wiki: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/150206_webex
- Slides: https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/src/master/150206_webex/slides_150206_webex.ppt
- DetNet Material from Honolulu: https://bitbucket.org/pthubert/DetNet/src
- Problem statement: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finn-DetNet-problem-statement
- Smartgrid requirements: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wetterwald-DetNet-utilities-reqs
Taking notes (using Etherpad)
- Diego Dujovne
- Thomas Watteyne
- Pascal Thubert
- Pascal Thubert
- Thomas Watteyne
- Chonggang Wang
- Maria Rita Palattella
- Michael Richardson
- Nicola Accettura
- Diego Dujovne
- Pat Kinney
- Patrick Wetterwald
- Pouria Zand
- Shwetha Bhandari
- Zhuo Chen
- Malisa Vucinic
- Pascal: to add links on DetNet work
- Pascal to confirm Shwetha as Shepherd to the terminology draft
- [07.05] Meeting starts
- Minutes last call
- Updates since last call
- Thomas presents note-well and IPR BCP, asks approval for agenda and minutes
- agenda and minutes of previous call approved
- adding a discussion on rge Routing dispatch draft in prep of ROLL interim
- Diego summarizes the OTF call that happened on the previous hour
- text on bitbucket, including issue, people welcome to participate.
- Architecture draft last call [Pascal Thubert] [20min]
- half discussion is about the last call (Shwetha]
- Pascal: Shwetha is shepherd for this document. Not possible to have chairs be shepherd
- SB: 3 weeks LC started Wednesday; latest version is in good shape
- we need review comments on the last call. Please review and show support.
- Pascal: complete the last call on Wed 16. 6TiSCH on the 20th.
- Pascal: please go through the the draft one last time.
- Pascal: changes that were made:
- big change: sec section
- give overview of what DT has given. Ready. first time publkised in this form
- number of TBD fixed, stack updated with the latest discussions. CoMI, DetNet. pointers to different work
- reference to the minimal draft.
- changes into protocol stack drawing: added CoMi and CCAMP
- join process discussion. will be using DTLS/DICE. Kept PANA, we have to go through the discussion.
- if we recharter, we have to refine and detail this in the draft
- Thomas: Send +1 on ML if agreed
- Terminology draft [Maria Rita PALATTELLA] [5min]
- LC two weeks ago. comments comments from Rene and Chonggang
- wrong slides, delaying to after ETSI discussion
IETF 92 meeting request [Thomas Watteyne] [5min]
- Dallas Coming up 22-27 March
- today we ask for 6TiSCH time
- plan to ask for 2h30 morning session, 50 attendees
- ROLL will not be meeting in Dallas
- Pascal: Security used a lot of time at past meeting. DetNet lis not asking for a BOF in Dallas.
- DetNet discussion could be done in 6TiSCH. What about hosting 30min for DetNet?
- Proposal is a Second Session for unchartered, to-be-chartered items Security (join process), DetNet, OTF.
- Thomas: big session in Prague
- Pascal: Still we need to talk about Recharter in Dallas: chartered work, 6top work (track management) + security, new items to charter
- Diego: agree with 2 sessions
- Chonggang: about DetNet
- Pascal: There are multiple DetNet requirement draft (audio/video bridging), automotive, ... architecture
- Maria-Rita: asks Pascal to send the other drafts to the 6TiSCH ML
- Action itwem: Pascal to add links to existing DetNet docs (note: added at the top of this report)
- Thomas: presents the important dates for Dallas. Chairs will call for presentation to the meeting(s)
ETSI plugtest [Thomas Watteyne] [5min]
- Thomas proxying for Miguel
- Finalizing rooms and test, expecting same hotel as IETF
- ETSI to issue a call for experts to help on 6TiSCH related standards to write the test specs
- Thomas: scope: 6tisch-minimal, rpl
- Michael: ETSI to think about next phase beyond Prague and minimal support
- Thomas: Yes, planned for Yokohama, e.g. they did 4 sessions for CoAP
- Michael: this may be soon
- Thomas: we aim for 10 implementations
Terminology draft [Maria Rita PALATTELLA] [5min]*
- Comments from René and Chonggang
- Simplify definitions CDU, Chunk...
- ASN discussion related to security
- Also added Deterministic network
- Pascal: that one is touchy, we'll ask for additional review on the text
- Maria-Rita: OK not to add terms that are not mature Thomas: intermediate version? Maria-Rita: Feedback ML until next call and publish it Pascal: Maria-Rita to post to the ML to remind to read the documents. Shepherding? Shwetha:Shepherd for the Terminology draft. Call on the ML.
ROLL interim meeting preparation / discussion [Pascal Thubert] [10min]
- Pascal: Compression elements on RPL
- Pascal: presenting new draftr on 6LoRH
- IP on IP compression
- Reuse addressing used in mesh header in non-mesh under
- Pascal: NHC was Pushed back on the bits used for RPL
- We could extend NHC to IP on IP routing and source routing but not convenient.
- support other types of host not supporting NHC.
- proposal has TLVs-> using extensible header
- very large space for extensions
- full byte for the type: 256 types
- Elective tlvs and critical tlvs (understand or drop it)
- elective type: length expressed in bytes. e.g. don´t know the type, watch the length and skip to the next header.
- routing header compression: Thomas said we must compress better. put size in hops (1 2,4,8, 16-byte) compress the address
- Michael: We are discussing 6554.
- Continue on Tuesday.
- Thomas: Complement slides?
- Michael, Pascal: More slides available, all added for Tuesday
- Chonggang: Requirements, Use case descriptions for OTF and other drafts
- Pascal: Use Cases for tracks would good to have the draft in DetNet since some tracks are extended over the ethernet (backbone) to reach.
- DetNet is looking for requirements from other deployments
- Pascal: For Dynamic Scheduling and OTF, better make a 6TiSCH draft.
- Chonggang: Interested in participating
[08.15] Meeting ends