Clone wiki

meetings / 160527_webex

DRAFT

Minutes, 27 May 2016 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details


  1. Thomas Watteyne
  2. Xavi Vilajosana
  3. Pascal Thubert

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Thomas Watteyne
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. C-Y Lee
  4. Diego Dujovne
  5. Francesca Palombini
  6. Goran Selander
  7. Jonathan Munoz
  8. Keoma Brun
  9. Lijo Thomas
  10. Malisa Vucinic
  11. Maria Rita Palattella
  12. Michael Richardson
  13. Nicola Accettura
  14. Pat Kinney
  15. Qin Wang
  16. Rashid Sangi
  17. Seema Kumar
  18. S.V.R. Anand
  19. Satish Anamalamudi
  20. Shalu
  21. Sumankumar Panchal
  22. Tengfei Chang
  23. Xavier Vilajosana
  24. Zhuo Chen

Action Items

  1. Diego: add at the end of the section on busy rc text indicating that the SF MAY add metadata to indicate what the problem is
  2. Pascal: add text in the architecture to show the service structure in SF and 6top. Diego t reflect that in the SF text / structure

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • update security discussions [5min]
  • 6P error code for indicating schedule/cells are locked [20min]
  • interaction between 6top and SF [20min]
  • AOB [3min]

Minutes

  • Administrivia [2min]

    • Approval agenda

      agenda is approved. No issues raised.

    • Approval minutes last call

      last call minutes are approved.

  • update security discussions [5min]

    • Michael Richardson: presents slides about security.
    • the security design team has been rebooted.
    • smaller group
    • reviewing requirements and goals.
    • Evaluating the possibility to work together with COSE.
    • New call to find a weekly time to do the meetings.
    • 3 different ways where COSE can be used
      • key establishment
      • OSCOAP
      • enrollment protocol.
  • Alternative is DTLS
  • Pascal Thubert: how much of the EAP backend applies in the COSE/6tisch approach?
  • Michael Richardson: in terms of architecture it is very similar. EAP has the problem that does not have the discovery and ownership process. IEEE is considering to add ether type to run it on top of IEEE802.15.4 -- Cannot proxy to traditional backend, EAP is end to end.

  • 6P error code for indicating schedule/cells are locked [20min]

    • discussion about 6p error codes:
    • make transactions atomic from cell point of view
    • during concurrent transactions certain cells
    • Thomas Watteyne: presents proposed text change, indicating concurrent transactions can happen in which case pending cells are locked ad a busy RC is returned.
    • Diego: Addresses the problem. Qin has proposed an additional RC for concurrent transaction. From original point of view, this should solve the problem, text works.
    • Thomas: do we need to ad sentence for more precise idea indicating that metadata may be added to indicate what the problem is?
    • Diego: yes.
    • Thomas: OK that's an action item for Diego, and we'll ca
    • ACTION. add at the end of the section indicating that the SF MAY be added to indicate what the problem is?
  • interaction between 6top and SF [20min]

    • Differentiate what is BW allocation to the cell negotiation. 2 point of views.
    • SF is not a layer but a module in 6top.
    • PT: this are levels of abstraction.
    • PT: Control plane layers. Particular cells, knowledge 802.15.4: Different knowledge than upper layers. Different abstractions: Service abstraction calculate bandwidth. Logic boundaries to build here.
    • Diego: we do not want to get more complexity to the SF. 2 things to do: keep track of cell statistics and second calculate the required bw and request it to 6p. Not sure if we need such layer abstraction as we are targeting something very simple. If a more complex SF is developed then this layering can be build inside the SF. (internally).
    • PT: this two layers are there. We describe the functionality.
    • Add a section/intro to explain the presented "layering" organization of the SF.
    • Maria Rita: the lower layer is charge of updating the schedule. the upper layer is in charge of taking the decision. The current version of SF mixes both layers.
    • PT: the SF is split in 2 parts. One that manages the bw in abstract units. The bottom layer of the SF maps the abstract units to actual cells and calls 6p to execute the allocation.
    • Qin Wang proposes to call them levels instead of layers.
    • TW: this is only referring to the internals of the SF0
    • Organize the text in such a way in the SF that this con
    • Pat Kinney: I have problems with Layers and Levels, reusing them would be confusing. While you could say "sub-layer" I am not sure that is what is meant.
    • Pascal Thubert: yes Pat something like that
    • Diego: had a call with SF authors. Had a discussion about the boot behaviour of the SF.
      *
  • AOB [3min]

    • IETF organization
      • 2h meeting 100 people room
      • asking for volunteers to present in this meeting.
      • 20min slots for the 3 topics (6top, security and SF)
      • 20min on the plugtest
      • 40 min for new work. Suggestions or news from other SDOs (IEEE)
      • XV: Beginning of the week?
      • PT: Ask for Mon/Tue

Updated