Clone wiki

meetings / 170317_webex

DRAFT

Minutes, 17 March 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Michael Richardson
  3. Pascal Thubert

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Tengfei Chang
  2. Pascal Thubert
  3. Michael Richardson
  4. Diego Dujovne
  5. Xavi Vilajosana
  6. Sedat Gormus

Action Items

  1. Michael to send feedback on security piece of the agenda

Agenda

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
  • Status of drafts [Pascal] [5min]
  • Update on security [Michael] [15min]
  • Update on 6P [Xavi] [10min]
  • Update on SF0 [Diego] [10min]
  • Preparation for IETF 98[Pascal] [QS]
  • AOB [3min]

Minutes

started 10:07.

  • Administrivia [2min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call

Note well. Reminder.

  • Status of drafts [Pascal] [5min]

    • 6tisch-minimal-21 status, email sent to Tero to confirm that he is happy. No reply yet (Tero AFK).
    • no other hangups in status yet. Expect draft to advance during the meeting.
  • Update on security [Michael] [15min]

    • Major change is that there are more documents:
      • created another version of EDHOC-OSCOAP called EALS
      • tries to do secure transport
      • zero touch security within the EDHOC protocol
      • question is how the WG will articulate the JRC centraly driven.
      • Devices do not need to stay awake the whole time. They need to listen for traffic for them.
      • Shared schedule is used for everybody to join (e.g minimal).
      • having indication on how long it should wait the JN.
      • trade-off between energy consumption and energy congestion during the joining phase. This is related on how long a JN has to wait to be authenticated.
      • GOAL: figure out the compromise between energy and congestion.
  • Update on 6P [Xavi] [10min]

    • finalize the missing pieces: reordering of the text, remove duplicated text.
    • refine section 4, define first the headers, and then the details.
    • renamed status to count now that we can allocate ny type of cell
    • removed xcell suggestion that was complex
    • structure now ready. plan for last call at the meeting
    • will do a pass and on Monday of the IETF will publish and ask for feed back
  • Update on SF0 [Diego] [10min]

  • some changes to summarize the changes since last IETF.
  • Cell Estimation Algorithm, three alternatives.
  • picked alternative 3, most accurate to what people have implemented.
  • Xavi: what about churn because the application has a cycle different than the slot frame.
  • Xavi: what if 3 time slots needed every 2 slot frames, or if I have bursts, many needed in one slotframe and none at the next. Need mechanism to avoid continuous re-scheduling
  • SF0 has a hystersis so that it does not deallocate until the need is below a lower threshold.
  • Diego: Added PDR computation. Need to discuss Timeout calculation, requires 6P collaboration.

  • Requires 6P collaboration.

  • Preparation for IETF 98[Pascal] [QS]

    • security questions:
    • do we need centralized control over enrollment to avoid congestion in the network?
    • can we give a (secured?) hint to nodes waiting to be contacted as to how long to sleep?
    • do we want to use EALS to do vouchers within the key agreement protocol? (round trips vs size of packets)
    • CoMI for management of rekeying
    • Do we need K1 and K2? Or just one key set?
    • open issues with pledge initiated version
    • 6P/SF0 ask for Last call.
    • *
  • AOB [3min]

    • No OB.

Updated