Clone wiki

meetings / 171006_webex

DRAFT

Minutes, 6 October 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details

Present

  1. Thomas Watteyne
  2. Diego Dujovne
  3. Fabrice Theoleyre
  4. Jonathan Munoz
  5. Malisa Vucinic
  6. Michael Richardson
  7. Pascal Thubert
  8. Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis
  9. Robert Barton
  10. Simon Duquennoy
  11. Xavi Vilajosana
  12. Yasuyuki Tanaka

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. TODO

Action Items:

  • Action for 6P Authors to respond IPR question.
  • Thomas to send a mail asking for a pre WGLC for SFx, assessing readiness for WGLC basically

Agenda

  • [07:05] Administrivia [10min]
    • Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    • Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)
    • Last meeting todos
  • [07:15] Starting 6P shepherding (Pascal) [ 5min
  • [07:20] 6P WGLC issues resolution (Xavi) [15min]
  • [07:35] SFx Readiness (Diego) [ 5min]
  • [07:40] SF0 what's the plan? (Thomas) [ 5min]
  • [07:45] Fast Reroute for RPL (Pascal) [15min]
  • [08:00] AOB [ QS]

Minutes

  • [07:05] Administrivia [10min]

    • Note-Well, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
    • Status of drafts (WGLC / forthcoming WGLC)
    • Last meeting todos
      • Pascal to trigger WGLC for 6P
      • Thomas to add text in 6P revision as indicated below
      • Agenda is approved.
      • Last meeting minutes are approved.
  • [07:15] Starting 6P shepherding (Pascal) [ 5min]

    • Action for 6P Authors to respond IPR question.
    • [Pascal] sent e-mail about IPR, waiting for reply for 2 authors
    • [Pascal] reminds rules about WGLC, if beyond editorial, ML must be polled
    • [Xavi] version checking:
      • announce version numbers in payload?
      • [Pascal] the version 0 format of the VER_ERR messahe should be supported in all versions
      • [Michael] easier to have every node declare to root what version is supported
      • [Pascal] layer violation? you must have a common ground
      • [Thomas] Any device must support AF0 which operates on SF0 <-- did I get that right? conclusion: the format of the return msg for VER_ERR is always version 0. (in case of version mismatch) state that versions do not need to be contained one in the next one. They can be different and disjoint
  • [07:20] 6P WGLC issues resolution (Xavi) [15min]

    • Discussion about timeouts. "This protocol is not standalone"
  • [07:35] SFx Readiness (Diego) [ 5min]

    • decide in 2 weeks if we can do WGLC for SFx
    • ACTION: to send to the ML a call for review.
  • [07:40] SF0 what's the plan? (Thomas) [ 5min]
    • no update there yet
  • [07:45] Fast Reroute for RPL (Pascal) [15min]

    • pascal presents Fast Reroute algorithm.
  • [08:00] AOB [ QS]

    • PAN ID compression
      • poipoi

Updated