Knowledge__kav is not being recognized

Issue #1679 resolved
Raj Rajen created an issue

This looks like a regression of even if I choose to include Knowledge__kav.object and regenerate the offline Symbol table, the object, it’s fields etc are highlighted in IC in red as errors.


macOS 10.14.6

IntelliJ Community Edition 2020.1.4

Illuminated cloud

Comments (8)

  1. Scott Wells repo owner

    Hi, Raj. I'm unable to reproduce this. Here's my OST after setting up Knowledge in my org:


    Is the Ensure field read access setting enabled for your project's connection?

  2. Raj Rajen reporter

    I sent a response to this via email, but it does not appear here. So here is the gist of what I found.

    Turns out that if I point IC at a proper sandbox, then this is not an issue.

    However, I had pointed IC at a scratch org as if it were a sandbox (i.e not using sfdx) and in that project is where I noticed the issue even though my OST has the knowledge object and I have Ensure field read access in the project’s connection.

    Scott, feel free to close the issue unless you want to see why IC behaves differently in this regard for scratch orgs v/s sandboxes.

  3. Scott Wells repo owner

    That's interesting. The screenshot I provided above is actually against a scratch org, so it seems we're still not seeing the same behavior.

    When you say "my OST has the knowledge object", do you mean that it looks properly populated in the OST but you're still getting things highlighted as errors, or are the knowledge objects/fields not ending up in that OST at all?

  4. Raj Rajen reporter

    Yes, the Knowledge__kav and Knowledge__ka objects look properly populated (even has the custom fields we defined on the kav object). However, any reference to the object Knowledge__kav and its fields are highlighted as errors.

  5. Scott Wells repo owner

    Ah, okay. That's different than the behavior in #1158 when IC wasn't even adding Knowledge objects to the OST. That sounds like something's wrong with your caches/indices. See if Illuminated Cloud>Configure Project>Rebuild Caches and Indices helps resolve the issue. Please accept the option to close and reopen the project.

  6. Raj Rajen reporter

    That did not resolve it for me. I deleted the file under IlluminatedCloud->ProjectName (in the Project browser panel) and regenerated the Offline Symbol Table and that resolved the issue.

  7. Scott Wells repo owner

    Hmmm...okay. My guess is that the original OST didn't contain the full definition of those objects for some reason. Since regenerating the OST fixed it, I'll resolve this, but if you see it happen again please let me know.

  8. Log in to comment