FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How to change the default configurations?
- It is very simple. You just need to open the VehicleController.ini file which is located together with this script.
How to change the default keys?
- In the configuration file, you can change both keys and controls for each function.
Which keys are allowed?
- It is possible to configure almost any key easily from simple (eg. T) to complex combinations such as Ctrl+T, Ctrl+Alt+T, Shift+T, etc.
- IMPORTANT: If you configure a key which is natively used by GTA V, its original function will keep being executed. That's a limitation of the engine itself.
- To see the full list of available keys, follow this link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.keys(v=vs.110).aspx
What about controller settings?
- Same as changing keyboard keys, you can just put the name of the control or its number.
- IMPORTANT: The native control will still be execute, so keep it in mind while using controls which might be activated while inside a vehicle.
- To see the full list of controls allowed, follow this link: Controls
How to disable certain features?
- Some features have an Enabled settings under the configuration file. Setting it to False will disable the component.
- For the features which doesn't contain the Enabled setting, just set the Key/Control setting to None.
Why feature XYZ is not implemented?
- The game is relatively new (PC) and not all natives (functions used by R* to script the game behaviour) are completely discovered.
- Also, some developers implements features using some [i]workarounds[/i] which might cause crashes, memory leaks, and so on...
- Therefore, I will implement features using the game natives OR some workarounds which I might consider very safe.
Can I suggest a feature?
- Yes, of course you can. However, keep in mind that this mod have as goal realist missing controllers from vehicles. Realist vehicles don't drive alone (well, not officially).
Do you accept DONATIONS?
- Yes, I'll be so happy to accept your donation. You can follow the link on my signature or send me a private message.
- I'll use your money to...
- Buy a controller (I can't test controller support right now...)
- Buy software license (Yes, as a developer, it is crap to use other people work illegally)
- I really want to buy a Themida license, which costs 199€ (http://www.oreans.com/themida.php)
- Buy a beer sometimes :-)
Do you accept making private mods?
- Depends on my own time schedule, mood, and your offer. :-)
- I DO NOT make mods for GTAO, unless you want to run NETWORKCASH::NETWORK_DELETE_CHARACTER :-)