Simple Checkout Confluence app
- Simple Checkout Confluence app
- General stuff
This Wiki page is the basic user documentation for the Simple Checkout app for Confluence. The app adds check-out (lock) functionality for attachments to Confluence. An attachment checked-out (locked) by a certain user can only be edited by this user until it is checked-in again.
Please refer to the Marketplace for more details.
How to get it?
Please navigate to the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220894/simple-checkout
Source code license
Please refer to this page.
End user license agreement
Please refer to this page.
How to get to the settings
Figure 1: how to get to the global settings (use the Configure button)
Figure 2: how to get to the space settings (use the Apps menu entry)
What you can configure
You can configure the following settings globally (navigate to: Manage apps | Simple Checkout | Configure) or for each space (navigate to: Space tools | Apps | Simple Checkout):
- Enable check-out functionality: check to enable check-out functionality globally or for the space.
- Allow admins to force a check-in: allow Confluence admins or the applicable space admins to force a check-in.
- Remind to check-in after: define the number of whole hours (e.g. 2) after which a user is reminded to conduct a check-in. Leave this field empty in case you don't want a reminder.
- Force check-in after: define the number of whole hours (e.g. 4) after which the attachment is checked-in automatically. Leave this field empty in case you don't want an automatic check-in.
- Mail title and body: you can customize the mail title and body of the mail send out as reminder to check-in and as notification that an attachment has been checked-in and is now available. You may user the placeholders defined in each field description.
The default mail title and body are as follows:
|Check-in reminder title||Check-in reminder for $attachmentTitle|
|Check-in reminder body||Dear $userName, you have checked out $attachmentTitle on page $pageTitleWithLink since $sinceHours hours. Please check-in the attachment.|
|Notification title||Attachment $attachmentTitle is now available|
|Notificatoin body||Dear $userName, the attachment $attachmentTitle on page $pageTitleWithLink has been checked-in and is now available.|
Space settings always override global settings.
Simple Checkout provides the following symbols / UI elements in the attachments view of each page as well as in the Attachments macro output.
|Attachment checked-out (locked) by another user. This symbol is shown next to the filename. When you hover over the symbol or filename you can see who checked-out this attachment.|
|Attachment checked-out (locked) by you. his symbol is shown next to the filename.|
|Check-out||Use this button to check-out (lock) an attachment.|
|Check-in||Use this button to check-in (unlock) an attachment.|
|Force check-in||In case you have to right to force a check-in you can use this button to do so.|
|Notify me||Use this button to request a notification once the attachment has been checked in.|
Overview of check-outs and forcing a check-in
Admins and space admins can view all attachments checked-out on the configuration pages (global or each space). Additionally they can force a check-in there as well (if configured).
Frequent support cases
The app has the following known limitations:
- The app only prevents concurrent editing of attachments when the Confluence means are used. Concurrent editing of e.g. Gliffy diagrams are not covered by this app.