SMolPhot is an open-source operating system independent data analysis and visualization software package for data acquired by single molecule localization microscopy methods such as photo-activation localization microscopy. SMolPhot is written in python which make it platform independent and easy to develop open source software package. See also our web-page www.molphot.com.
- Easy to use: one click installer for most operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Pre-processors for noise filtering and background subtraction;
- Uses astigmatism approach as a z-calibration tool for 3D localization;
- Includes local-maxima, blob-detection and connected-component localization algorithms;
- 2D and 3D Gaussian point spread functions for fitting;
- Post-processing which filters molecules according to localization goodness classified by standard deviation of fitting parameters or any linear combinations of them defined by user.
- Applies temporal correlation for enhancing localization accuracy by combining locations of single molecule over multiple frames.