TypeError: Cannot set property 'globalAuth' of undefined

Issue #133 resolved
Bob Arnott
created an issue

We have Atlasboard running on a Raspberry Pi 3 and things have been working fine for a few weeks. I reinstalled the OS on the Pi today and recreated the radiator, but got the following error when trying to start it up:

Atlasboard listening at port 3000

          jobWorker.config.globalAuth = globalAuth;

TypeError: Cannot set property 'globalAuth' of undefined
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/lib/job-initialiser.js:37:39
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/lib/job-initialiser.js:25:20
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/lib/job-manager.js:193:9
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/lib/item-manager.js:121:7
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/lib/item-manager.js:223:7
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:52:16
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:361:13
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:52:16
    at done (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/atlasboard/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:246:17)

I was tearing my hair out, as it was all working on my local devbox, but not on the RPi. Turns out my local devbox was running Atlasboard 1.0.1 and the RPi Atlasboard 1.1.0. The default demo desktop renders fine, but the moment I install one of thegit sub-module packages, it goes kaput.

I've had to downgrade from 1.1.0 back to 1.0.1 where things appear to work fine.

Comments (3)

  1. Ivan Loire

    Hey Bob, thanks for the report. I would've been awesome to have some additional information, like the dashboard used and the configuration keys used, but I think I may have identified the problem and fixed it in 1.1.1. It would be awesome if you could confirm that. Thanks a lot

  2. Bob Arnott reporter

    @iloire-atlassian sorry for the lack of detail, it was only once I'd hit submit that I realised it was pretty crap. I'll include more next time... ;-) I've upgraded to 1.1.2 locally and everything appears to be working. Thanks for the fix!

  3. Log in to comment