UPC++ Memory Kinds Prototype
This page is devoted to the "memory_kinds" feature branch of UPC++, intended only for use by developers with an interest in the memory kinds feature for CUDA GPU hardware. Other developers should consider use of the latest stable release, available from the main UPC++ wiki page.
This is a prototype release of UPC++ demonstrating the new GPUDirect RDMA (GDR) native implementation of memory kinds for NVIDIA-branded CUDA devices with Mellanox-branded InfiniBand network adapters. More information on the features and requirements associated with this prototype release is given in the ChangeLog.md.
Memory Kinds Prototype Downloads:
- UPC++ Implementation 2020.11.0 Memory Kinds Prototype (tar.gz)
- UPC++ Programmer's Guide, Revision 2020.10.0 (PDF)
- This document is unchanged from the 2020.10.0 stable release
- A gentle introduction to UPC++ with examples and descriptions.
- Also available online as a single HTML page
- UPC++ Specification, Revision 2020.11.0-draft (PDF)
- Draft formal specification of the UPC++ library interface.
- Includes some minor changes to memory kinds, relative to the 2020.10.0 specification
Performance comparison of GPU-to-GPU
upcxx::copy between two nodes of ORNL Summit over single-rail EDR InfiniBand
We encourage users of this prototype to provide feedback (both positive and negative) through our usual channels.