# Copy Comments post-function plugin
Copy commits post-function plugin allows you to copy comments from parent to sub-task and/or from sub-task to parent task.
To know more about workflow post-functions in JIRA click here.
Installing the plugin
The Copy Commits plugin is available through Atlassian Marketplace.
Please refer to the documentation available here for instructions on how to install a plugin in JIRA.
Configuring your workflow to use the plugin
- Login to JIRA as administrator. Go to the administration screen. and click on Issues and select Workflows.
- Choose to edit the workflow in which you would like to add the post-function.
- Click on the transition in which you would like to apply the post-function. In the screen shot below, I am choosing "Start Work" transition.
- Click on Post-function and click Add.
- You will have two new options here that is provided by the Copy Comments plugin.
- Select the post-function and click Add.
- Save and publish your workflow. Test your workflow by creating an issue with a few comments and check if the comments get copied.