Tested on two macs, both are very slow to load the pattern. The pattern was not edited since 20th of March so I'm not sure when this started happening.
Roman Telezhynskyirepo owner
Okay, i pushed the latest changes to github. Don't think it will change something though. I'll go to try to reproduce the issue on mac.
Former userAccount Deletedreporter
I'm seeing more weirdness.
Two Macs, both running macOS 10.13.4 (17E199) -- today's update. One is a mac mini (Late 2012), the other one a macbook pro retina (MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)).
Both have SSD storage, both run on high-resolution screens (the mini is on a 4k display). Both run Git:1ec0989 Valentina.
Mini loads the pattern file quickly and displays the Jacket fine. I can pan and zoom. The laptop loads the pattern slowly (takes approx 20 seconds to load the pattern) and then freezes when I switch to the Jacket piece with Valentina taking 100% of one core.
I don't know how to troubleshoot this further. Any suggestions welcome.
I'm not even sure if this is a problem with Valentina but other applications work on the laptop just fine. Tested firefox, safari, thunderbird, inkscape, gimp. Only Valentina is spinning out of control. I also tested on another pattern file (available on the Internet). Same problem. I will attach the other pattern here.
You can try my package. I cannot reproduce this issue on mac.
Usually i debug this issue very easily. Run Valentina for debugging in Qt Creator, do necessary moves to cause an issue, pause the app with debugger in Qt creator. Place of stop can say us which code constantly cause redrawing. Usually it is some part related to drawing.
Since it's my pattern I feel compelled to comment...
The pattern was created / last saved with Seamly2D with pattern schema 0.6.0. The pattern works fine with the Windows build of Seamly2D, my Seamly2D or the latest Valentina (build 0.6.0.778a) on my laptop. My first suggestion would be to load the original - if you haven't saved over it - and see if still causes the issue.
My second suggestion is try an earlier ver of Valentina... preferably the version using the 0.6.0 pattern schema.
I don't use a Mac so I'm not familiar if there are any differences with Qt builds for a Mac to cause this issue - otherwise I'd take a look and see if I could repeat the issue.
Note... You may find the formulas used confusing as the pattern was a proof of concept to input an existing pattern using a method I came up with to enter the grade points and using the @ChestScale in the formulas to grade the points up/dn based on a standard 2" grade.