Version 0.8.0 (beta)
- Cursor/ruler and automatic measurements for FRA Plots
- Two separate cursors can be positioned with click/drag and nudge to take arbitrary measurements
- Delta frequency provided for measuring filter bandwidth
- Automatic measurements for -3 dB, Gain margin, and Phase margin points
- Custom plot title and font size
- Added support for newest 6000E scopes: PS6405E, PS6425E, PS6406E, PS6426E
- Ability to run with partially installed Picotech SDK
- Allow installation to alternative location
- Installer always lists 0.6.0.0 as the version installed (i.e. as shown in Windows 10 Apps and features)
- FRA data cannot be exported when FRA was partially executed
- Error checking of signal generator API for PS3000 family scope was incorrect
- Unable to connect PS5203 (affects all PS5000 family scopes)
- Optional DC power not handled properly for 4 channel PS5000D scopes (i.e. cannot run when DC power is not connected, though the scope supports this mode)
- Frequency shifts in AWG result in lower measurement purity when bandwidth is low
- Application crashes when any SDK DLL cannot be found (e.g. from a partially installed Picotech SDK)
- Prompt to open Demo scope doesn’t always come to foreground, making it appear like the application never launched
- Program can crash when trying to run FRA with an invalid channel. This can happen if a previous FRA was interrupted by removing DC Power and either channel C or D was selected
- Several issues with channel DC offsets
- DC offset could not extend beyond minimum amongst all ranges
- DC offset field was enabled for scopes that do not support DC offsets
- Application did not range check DC offset parameter
- Incorrect DDS precision was being used for PS5000D scopes.
- Diagnostic Time Domain Plots were not being plotted correctly when number of collected samples was high
- Diagnostic Time Domain Plots would not be output if the FRA was interrupted
- Miscellaneous minor fixes
- Update to PicoScope SDK Version 10.7.22.241
- Add support for new PicoScope 6000E models (PS6824E, PS6424E, PS6804E, PS6404E, PS6403E)
- Add support for new PicoScope 4000A models (PS4x24A)
- Real time plotting - Plots the Gain and Phase while the FRA is running. Useful to detect if something went wrong before much time has elapsed.
- Plot data points that have been captured correctly, even if overall FRA fails
- Fixed resolution mode and choice between fixed/auto resolution for FlexRes scopes
- Add Demo scope so users can try out the application without a scope. To access, start the app with no scope connected. Requires CPU/Platform support of AVX2 instructions.
- Format text in log to draw attention to warnings and errors
- Add warning for USB3 scope connected to USB2 port
- Signal generator routines were not using best precision possible
- Steps complete status was reporting incorrect value
- Fix error message: "Start frequency must be >= inf Hz"
- Custom plan mode was not compatible with descending sweep
- Noise reject vertical resolution field in Settings Dialog populated with random characters
- PS4824 was missing the +/- 50V range
- Miscellaneous minor fixes
- Update to PicoScope SDK Version 10.7.20.192
- Custom Plan mode - Define multiple FRA execution segments, each with a different frequency range, number of steps and stimulus amplitude/offset. Useful alternative to Adaptive Stimulus mode for SMPS measuremnts
- Modular interface for adding external signal generator support. This also enabled adding scopes like PS4444 that don't have a built-in signal generator. External Generator feature can also be accessed via FRA4PicoScope API
- Add support for new PicoScope 5000D models
- Ability to set a d.c. offset for the signal generator
- New diagnostic to trace calls to PicoScope SDK API
- Increase steps per decade limit to 5 digits
- Unable to initialize PicoScope 2208B
- Incorrect minimum signal generator frequencies
- Workaround bugs related to using aggregation to get min/max
- Remove duplicate sample points
- ValidateSettings was checking adaptive stimulus settings when they weren't being used
- Connect scope dialog still shows disconnected scope
- Miscellaneous minor fixes including Coverity Bugs
- Migrated to VS 2019, Boost 1.72.0
- Update to PicoScope SDK Version 10.6.13.97
- Added support for new PS2000B series scopes
- To make this work you will need to have the PicoScope Application installed and the SDK removed.
- Added a UI for setting the configuration (no more need to hand edit the configuration files)
- Handle power mode changes on flexible power scopes
- Allow operation without auxilliary DC power applied
- Added an API feature
- Potentially useful to support other custom applications of FRA (e.g component impedance measurement)
- Exposed via a DLL so it is accessible via multiple languages (e.g. C#, VBA, Python, etc)
- Available as a separate feature in the installer
- Adaptive stimulus mode which is important for SMPS stability measurements
- New bandwidth based sampling for noise reject mode
- Added a log verbosity mechanism to control what messages get logged
- Improved the installer to allow for upgrade. No longer any need to remove prior version before installing the new one
- Detect and report invalid SDK/API version
- Fixed several bugs, most notably:
- Fixed compatibility issues with PS3000D/MSO and PS6000 scopes
- Fixed several issues with time domain diagnostic plots
- Fixed issue where application window resizes on high DPI displays when the plot is drawn
- Added support for PS3000D[MSO], PS4000A, PS5000, and PS6000 family scopes. This code is currently untested.
- This completes initial implementation of all compatible PicoScope models.
- Plotting enhancements
- Independently plot gain and phase
- Specify phase wrapping threshold
- Phase unwrapping option
- Store and recall plot settings
- Compute and plot gain and phase margins
- Includes ability to control phase crossover point for gain margins
- Analysis efficiency enhancements
- Initial range for input channel considers the signal generator amplitude
- Option to traverse frequencies in descending order (sweepDescending)
- Switched to new Pico Technology installed API, version 10.6.10.22
- Fixed several bugs, most notably:
- Fixed another issue with time domain diagnostic plots which prevented them from working on machines without PLplot build files.
- Signal generator precision was being calculated incorrectly for PS3000 family scopes
- Data capture timeout was not computed correctly for some scope families, preventing lower frequencies from being used.
Note: It seems that you currently may need to uninstall any preexisting version first before upgrading.
- Main Bode plot now uses nicer looking anti-aliased fonts and lines - updated to PLplot 5.11.x with Qt support
- Fixed critical bug affecting timebase calculation for PS2000 series scopes (includes PS2204A and PS2205A), and PS3000 series scopes; PS2204A is tested to work.
- Fixed situation where most recently used scope was not remembered for scopes without enumeration functions.
- Fixed issues preventing time domain diagnostic plots from working
- Channel attenuation settings are now processed
- Fixed numerous reports from Coverity Scan
- Various other minor bug fixes (see commit log for details)
- Adds support for scopes using driver families 2000, 3000, and 3000A. This code is currently untested.
- Fixed various bugs affecting the interface to previously supported but untested scopes
- Adds new features for custom plot axis scaling, ticks and grids. The user can single click the plot to change the plot axis settings, or zoom into a region by dragging the mouse.
- Implements application version handling for the settings file.
- Various bug fixes:
- Better handling of errors in PLplot
- Fixed minor bug in plot axes auto-scaling calculation
- More comprehensive treatment of settings file dirty/open flags
- Miscellaneous robustness improvements