Welcome to the JastAdd2 Wiki!
- Make sure the following files have appropriate content:
- ChangeLog (Check against commit log, add note about the release)
- doc/release-notes.html (add release notes for this release)
- Create a new jar file:
> ant jar
- Run all test cases.
- Run the release script:
> ./release.shThe script will do these things:
- tag the release in Git
- patch html files with the new version number
- create a zip file jastadd2-src.zip for the source distribution
- create a zip file jastadd2-bin.zip for the binary distribution
- upload the zip files and appropriate documentation to jastadd.org
- Browse to jastadd.org/releases/jastadd2/R20110506 and check the content.
- Ant clean and commit
- Tag the current version according to ./release.sh instructions.
- Update the web pages to reflect the new release on the download and news pages.
- check out the web pages at http://svn.cs.lth.se/svn/jastadd-research/web
index-file.htmlwith news item about the new release
download.htmlto link to the new release
- update `documentation/reference_manual.phpq to link to latest reference manual
- commit the changes
./publish(to check out the newest web on the real web site)
To keep track of JastAdd versions, the version number (generated by
describe) is stored in
src/res/JastAdd.properties. The release script
creates a new tag and updates the version number. The version number is then
patched into the documentation files