ZILF is a set of tools for working with ZIL, the Zork Implementation Language developed by Infocom for their commercial interactive fiction.
The project includes several components:
- ZILF itself, a compiler that translates ZIL code to ZAP assembly code.
- ZAPF, an assembler that translates ZAP assembly code to binary Z-code files.
- A text adventure library for writing games in ZIL, including a parser and basic world model.
- Source code for a port of the classic game "Adventure" (Colossal Cave).
- A few miscellaneous tools (ZilFormat, DeZapf) and tests.