NERSC, the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center, is a supercomputing facility that a nunber of cosmology collaborations use as their primary facility.
CosmoSIS comes with a setup script for NERSC in the develop branch, so the full installation can be done like this:
- These step should be performed in a fresh shell.
- It will create and use a new conda environment. Modify
config/setup-cosmosis-nerscif you don't want this.
- Wherever you want to install run these steps:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/joezuntz/cosmosis cd cosmosis git checkout develop git clone https://bitbucket.org/joezuntz/cosmosis-standard-library cd cosmosis-standard-library git checkout develop cd .. source config/setup-cosmosis-nersc make
- Test the installation on the login node by running:
- Test a submission to the batch system by creating
test.subwith the contents below and submit it using the command
#!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -L SCRATCH #SBATCH -C haswell #SBATCH -J cosmosis-test #SBATCH -N 1 #SBATCH -t 00:30:0 #SBATCH -p debug #SBATCH -o test.log source config/setup-cosmosis-nersc srun -n 32 cosmosis --mpi demos/demo5.ini
You need to run the
source config/setup-cosmosis-nersc command whenever you start using CosmoSIS.