This page gathers thoughts and ideas about the user interface, mainly based on feedback from users of BioModels Database.
- default order of the page listing the models: from new to old
- possibility of grouping of models from same article and/or same model
- do not display the model identifier (end user don't care)
- display of the beginning of the abstract, with the whole on mouseover
- display thumbnail of the reaction graph?
- display keywords
- display of mesh terms (keywords of publication)
- potentially do not display the "last modification date"
- allow customisation of the columns displayed
- display the reaction graph and/or curation graph (thumbnail) more prominently
- display abstract of the publication (or at least the 1st paragraph)
- better display acknowledgements (authors, submitter, creator, curators, ...)
- more notes about the curation figures with better formatting
- more info displayed for un-curated models
- download button should directly allow the download of the curated version, with a subarea for selecting different formats
- access to the model of the month (if any) should be more prominent
- the "Action" menu should renamed to "simulation" (with access to JWS and the embedded online tool), the access to the reaction graph should be moved somewhere else
- annotations: always try to retrieve some human readable info and display it, instead of a raw identifier
- content of the tabs Overview-Math-Physical Entities-Parameters is not usable for the end user: why not have a graphical reaction map instead? Then the submodel creation feature would be much more usable as well.