Assignment 2 Description (5% of total grade)
Due: March 5th
Based on Assignment #1 the task in this assignment is to create a 2D iso contour renderer on top of the slice views.
- Data Visualization book, Chapter 5 until 5.3 (inclusive)
- Draw iso-contour corresponding to selected iso-value. Use the Marching Squares algorithm to extract iso-contours for a given slice. Next, draw the calculated contours on top of that slice. The iso-contour is computed on the CPU (marching squares), and rendered using OpenGL
2D Iso-contours Rendering [100 points]
- Draw Iso-contours on the given slice and corresponding to the selected iso-value (40 points)
- For Iso-contours, use epsilon to overcome degeneracies (10 points)
- When drawing iso-contours, make sure you calculate the exact location by interpolation (20 points)
- Make sure when you change the slice everything gets updated correctly (10 points)
- The iso value must be editable by the user, updating the views (20 points)
- For the 2D view, show all three axis aligned slices and draw their contours (+4 points)
- There aren't prototypes for every function you might need. Create functions as you need them.
Screenshots for Minimum Requirements Solution