Final step: Running the experiment in the lab
Prior to your actual experiment sessions, you might want to set up your client screens as fullscreens. See this tutorial to complete this: A7 How to make the client screens fullscreens
Select all your folders and right click -> Export
- Select “Java” and then “Runnable JAR file” to export all resources required to run an application into a JAR file on the local file system
- Choose your export destination, for example your USB-Stick and keep all the default settings
- Paste the JAR-file in the admistrator computer of the lab, using this path: Computer -> 21 Experimentaldateien -> 00Aktuell -> folder of the staff -> create a new folder for the experiment
- Copy the –bat files (one for Server and one for Client) from other existiting experiments (if necessary, also the files “java.policy”, “system.properties”, “Lib.java.dll” & “mca….properties”) into this folder
- Open the –bat files with e.g. notepad for editing; edit the path and the name of the experiment for the Server –bat file.
- Edit the name and the IP address for the client –bat file. For the IP address, start “cmd.exe” by entering this into the search field of “Start” and enter “ipconfig -all” (Clients should know the IP address of Server to log in)
- On the server computer, open the server- bat file to start the experiment.
- On the client computers, open the client –bat file to log in.
- After all clients have logged in, the experiment is ready to start!