Rainbow: Inline Codes Simplifier step breaks tag order

Create issue
Issue #493 resolved
Sebastian Ebert created an issue

Situation

  • I have an HTML file (well, it's more or less HTML) that includes markups from wordpress (something like "[vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_single_image image="470" border_color="grey" img_link_target="_self" img_size="full"]").
  • I am applying a custom HTML filter, where I use a regular expression as codeFinder to convert those markups into tags.
  • Since I have multiple of those markups in a series, I set up a custom pipeline that includes the "Inline Codes Simplifier" step.
  • Afterwards I use OmegaT for translation.
  • In the last step I use Rainbow Translation Kit Post Processing.

What goes wrong...

For some reason the order of the markups is mixed on the target files created by Rainbow. It's definetely not an OmegaT bug since if I remove the Inline Codes Simplifier step, the order is correct. Also the OmegaT xliff target file seems to have the right order.

Reproduction

I attached the whole project including the Rainbow project file, the segmentation rules and the custom filter. You can simply open it to view the settings (might need to adapt the paths to make it work). On folder "pack1/original" you'll find the original HTML file, on "pack1/done" you'll find the target file created by Rainbow showing the broken order. Please also see the two attachments.

Comments (3)

  1. Wouter Veeken

    Having the same problem here, also using OmegaT and with a CSV source file. I have tried both 'Inline Codes Simplifier' and 'Post=segmentation Inline Codes Simplifier'.

  2. Log in to comment