helps to inspect, document, alter and generate binary formats of large sizes.
We used data2l for validating, inspecting and tweaking of car navigation databases.
- Tutorial - the start
- Developers page
- Design problems to be addressed
- Help - tutorial and other
- Screen Shots
- Similar projects
- Student Semestral Works
What can you do with data2l:
- describe a binary format (including simple documentation)
- inspect binary files according to your format description
- specify validators for your binary format
- serialize filled structures to file
- generate C++ based on the description
- DOM and SAX like access to data
Supported primitive types:
- byte (8bit)
- word (16bit)
- dword (32bit)
- simple array of any Basic
- VarInteger - variable length integer
- Attribute - basic type but evaluated during parsing
Was developed and used in 2006-2011, opensourced in 2013.