OpenID AB/Connect WG Meeting Notes (2020-09-28)
Date & Time: 2020-09-28 23:00 UTC Location: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/695548174
- 1. Roll Call
- 2. Adoption of Agenda (Nat)
- 3. Recap of the Atlantic Call (Nat)
- 4. External orgs and events
- 5. SIOP Discussion (Tobias)
- 6. Drafts
- 7. Other Discussion
- 8. AOB
The meeting was called to order at 14:00 UTC.
- Attending: Nat Sakimura, James Manger, Adam Lemmon, Tobias Looker, Edmund Jay, Anthony Nadalin, Tom Jones, Kristina Yasuda, Tim Cappalli.
- As agenda was not circulated before the call, it was dynamically created and agreed.
Nat reported on the last Atlantic call based on the meeting note - https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/wiki/Connect_Meeting_Notes_2020-09-24_Atlantic
Tobias shared his ideas for making the new version of SIOP more consistent with the normal OpenID Connect. The main idea centres around siop_uris parameter that
- explicitly states that the client can accept SIOP responses
- when this parameter is ignored (all existing implementations should), then it will be a normal OIDC request.
Tobias also noted that there needs to be something done to avoid the NASCAR problem, that does not require browser change as that would take a long time.
Tony noted that:
- the two problems are inter-related so while they should be separate topics, they need close coordination.
- backward compatibility should always be assessed and kept.
It was agreed that the essence of this document should be turned into requirements and to be included in the use-case/requirements document that Kristina and TIm is working on.
Experts are asked to review the document.
A formatted version can be found at https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi?url=https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/raw/30da60fbc1e760548a21e3237db7bc75f3731f8a/openid-connect-prompt-create-1_0.xml&modeAsFormat=html/ascii.
The draft has not been showing properly as there were some non-printing characters and some github MD specific tags. Now it has been fixed and should display fine.
The link is:
Experts are requested to make comments on it.
Tom pointed out to
which has some requirements towards the bottom.
The meeting was adjourned at 14:50 UTC