We had another discussion about the EU RTS and related areas on today's call.
One point I mentioned is that at least one of the UK challenger banks is doing a mobile app -> mobile app flow which is something like:
- open accounting app on mobile
- user requests to make a link to their bank account
- user is automatically switched into their mobile banking app
- bank app asks user to allow accounting app access
- bank app authenticates user with faceid/touchid
- user is automatically switched back to their accounting app
(I forget which bank this was but it may have been starling.)
From an RTS point of view it seems like a low friction flow so perhaps something we could incorporate into one of the standards; I created this ticket at Nat's request.