Clone wiki

fapi / FAPI_Meeting_Notes_2017-04-26

FAPI WG Meeting Notes (2017-04-26)

Date & Time: 2017-04-26 14:00 UTC

Location: GoToMeeting

The meeting was called to order at 15:05 UTC.

1.   Roll Call

  • Attending: Nat, Bjorn, Dave, Henrik, Joseph, Paul, Tom
  • Regrets: John, Tony, Anoop, Sascha

3.   Issues

3.1.   Pull requests

3.2.   Other issues

  • #60: change accepted. Waiting for a pull request.
  • #86: change accepted. Waiting for a pull request.
  • #72: Close it.
  • #77, #78: Add brief description in the intro, and details in the security considerations in Part 2.
  • #80: Nat to make the change rather than waiting a pull req from Pam
  • #82: Check if the normative language description was added in the Intro. If so, close it.
  • #84: Joseph is going to make pull requests.

4.   External Orgs

4.1.   UK OBS (Dave)

4.2.   ISO/TC68 (Paul)

  • Need to send out the liaison letter to them. Paul will update the list in 48 hours time.
  • Nat will update the WG presentation so that it can be attached to the letter.
  • The liaison letter need to go out pretty soon.

4.3.   Starling Bank (Dave)

  • TOauth
  • Came up with OAuth 2.0 API.
  • re: #77, #78
  • Nat to send Torsten's draft to the list.
  • Dave to start using it to persuade banks.

4.4.   Mobile Connect (Dave)

  • Mobile Connect being introduced as strong customer authentication by Banks.
  • Modrna has relationship with CPAS
  • Back Channel Authentication -- two proposals.
    • CIBA
  • Two joint workshops May 11, 12.
  • Current IPR problems with GSMA may be able to be addressed by using LC. Bjorn and Nat will talk about it next week at IIW.

4.5.   Euro Retail Payments Board (Dave)

4.6.   Others

  • Tom raised an issue with FAPI solely concentrating on G20 economy that we need to start looking at developing economies. e.g., countries with stored value on the phone like m-pesa.
  • has some API for such countries.
  • Nat pointed out that although our priority is on EU right now, we should get there eventually and plan that out. He has much sympathy with those countries as he grew up in Kenya. Nat also has a connection with the CEO of Taqanu (, a bank dealing with those market, so we could try to coordinate.

5.   AOB

5.1.   Next Call (Pacific)

Meeting was adjourned at 15:05 UTC.