FAPI WG Meeting Notes (2017-06-13)
Date & Time: 2017-06-13 23:00 UTC
Location: GoToMeeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/321819862
- 1. Roll Call
- 2. Adoption of the Agenda (Nat)
- 3. External Orgs
- 4. Draft status and plans
- 5. Events
- 6. AOB
The meeting was called to order at 23:07 UTC.
- Attending: John, Nat, Bjorn, Brian, Dave, Edmund, Sascha, Anoop, Tony
- Adopted as is.
- Ballot started.
- Shoot of the week of 26th.
- Detached signature on the resource response.
- Status for OpenBanking Ltd. IPR contribution. Target time -- end of this month.
- Registration and software statement: Central CA. etc. Is it something that we want to consider? --> Worth having some recommendation but telling them how trust should work is hard.
- Due to the regulatory requirements, a lot has to be done in the application layer.
- Fall back allowed if the API is not available for screen scraping.
- Send the username and password over API ...
- Fdata is writing a letter to drop this amendment. It does not make sense.
- Very political. Some bank cannot produce the single view of the customer. They can only provide API for the current account. So, screen scraping is still needed.
- Would there be a possibility of token based credential + screen scraping. (Aggregation code).
- Brian to take a stab at a draft.
- In the 45 days public Review
- We probably need it. Volunteers for taking the first stab at it?
- We need to track the implementations before starting the final vote.
- Provided CMA9s are implementing FAPI, we will have at least 9 interoperable implementations so it should be fine.
- Next week. We have 3 sessions.
- We will have FAPI + alpha (e.g., AGI) session.
- We should develop the content over the email list.
- Nat, Tony will get in Chicago on Sunday.
- Japanese Banking Act has been amended on May 26. Banks now have to spend reasonable effort to provide APIs.
- Japanese news article about it: http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/column/14/346926/052500990/?rt=nocnt
- Nat will be traveling next week and may not be able to call in. John will host the call.
The meeting was adjourned at 23:58 UTC.