FAPI WG Meeting Notes (2018-03-06)
Date & Time: 2018-03-06 23:00 UTC
Location: GoToMeeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/321819862
The meeting was called to order at 23:__ UTC.
- Attending: Nat, Dave, Joseph, Tom, Edmund, John, Bjorn, Tony
- Guest: Anoop
- 14, 15, 16 March @ Trento
- Morning 21 March, Microsoft
- Any work around the ux of redirect model and decoupled, and how to align with Europe.
- 18 - 23 March
- Reciprocal OAuth (was Mutual OAuth draft before) may be interesting for Open Banking.
The next call is scheduled to be in the Pacific time zone.
- The meeting was adjourned at 23:__ UTC.
There are two main use cases for this standard:
A Financial Institution or Service Provider uses the standard for it’s own applications and services. A Financial Institution or Service Provider uses the standard to expose an API for third party applications and services to use. The second use case will allow the market to transition from the current practice of “screen scraping”, which is brittle and insecure, to a robust API with structured data and a strong security model.